PDA

View Full Version : S.I. College Basketball Portraits

CaribouJim
04-30-2014, 10:55 PM
Check out picture #26:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/photos/1403/sports-illustrated-college-basketball-portraits-over-the-years/1/

TallTitan34
05-01-2014, 05:48 AM
Don't look at number 5. I'm still mad about that game.

CaribouJim
05-01-2014, 06:57 AM

...with the last visual of TC as MU coach walking through the tunnel by himself with head hung low.

Jerel kind of rushed a shot right?

MUfan12
05-01-2014, 08:25 AM

Same here. TC allowed Stanford's slow PG to walk the ball up and dump it into the twins every time down. No ball pressure. No real change in defenses. MU needed to speed them up and disrupt their rhythm, and never did.

What really pisses me off about that game is it was one of the only times the amigos were healthy in the tournament. Easily their best chance to make a run.

CaribouJim
05-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Same here. TC allowed Stanford's slow PG to walk the ball up and dump it into the twins every time down. No ball pressure. No real change in defenses. MU needed to speed them up and disrupt their rhythm, and never did.

What really pisses me off about that game is it was one of the only times the amigos were healthy in the tournament. Easily their best chance to make a run.

I thought their senior year was their best chance until DJ got the stress fracture - really thought they had a FF run in them. Too bad the 3 Amigos never even got to the Sweet 16.

Goose85
05-01-2014, 09:15 AM
Loved looking at those pics.

mufan2003
05-01-2014, 12:50 PM
...with the last visual of TC as MU coach walking through the tunnel by himself with head hung low.

Jerel kind of rushed a shot right?

I believe Brook Lopez made a shot in OT on the baseline......practically behind the backboard.....remember thinking "how the hell did that go in?!?!"

MUfan12
05-01-2014, 01:01 PM
I believe Brook Lopez made a shot in OT on the baseline......practically behind the backboard.....remember thinking "how the hell did that go in?!?!"

That's the one.

If I remember correctly, MU had the final possession at the end of regulation and Jerel took a bad shot. Haven't had the stomach to watch that game again.

WarriorOMalley82
05-01-2014, 01:21 PM
It is always funny to me that TC was bashed so much for his game calling, I thought he was great at drawing up a play and getting a good look. The end of this game was a good example, Jerel got a look from inside the free throw line maybe 10'-12' and not that contested, so he got his best player a good look and that player put up an ok shot that just rimmed out can't put that on the coach. Also there was a game against I think Missouri down three he got the best 3 point shooter a wide open toes on the line ree to tie it up, Steve just missed it I call that a good play that just didn't work. Sometimes a good game plan is having the players perform and u suck if your players miss even tho u have done nothing different.

MUMac
05-01-2014, 01:39 PM
That's the one.

If I remember correctly, MU had the final possession at the end of regulation and Jerel took a bad shot. Haven't had the stomach to watch that game again.

That was not a bad shot. He just missed it ... not by much. He took the shot at the end of regulation and, if I recall correctly, with a chance to go up 3 at the end of OT. Both were close.

MUfan12
05-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Also there was a game against I think Missouri down three he got the best 3 point shooter a wide open toes on the line ree to tie it up, Steve just missed it I call that a good play that just didn't work.

That was the Alabama game in 2006.

I could be thinking of the wrong game. I shouldn't have said "bad shot," but I seem to remember a deep three taken earlier than it needed to be. Either way, that game blew.

CaribouJim
05-01-2014, 03:02 PM
Here is the recap of the Stanford game:

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=284000025