PDA

View Full Version : Meet Matt Carlino....

IWB
04-29-2014, 01:42 PM
Meet newest Golden Eagle Matt Carlino

Carlino excited to be coming to Marquette (http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/content.php?655-Carlino-fired-up-to-be-Golden-Eagle)

TulsaWarrior
04-29-2014, 02:05 PM
What do yo think the odds are of getting another transfer?

WindyCityGoldenEagle
04-30-2014, 06:39 PM
He says he's going to really miss his BYU teammates. Why does it seem as though most 5th year players leave the program they love so much? Is it because the current program has already recruited to fill their spot? In other words, it wasnt an option for him to stay at BYU? thx.

IWB
04-30-2014, 07:50 PM
But he wasn't really a 5th year player - he transferred in from UCLA, so it would have been like Jamil or Jake looking elsewhere prior to last season.

TheJet - there is a thread at the top of this page where it asks new subscribers to e-mail me to reset them. You have now been reset, should be clear.

2012 - thanks, corrected

WindyCityGoldenEagle
04-30-2014, 09:48 PM
He references how it will be very difficult leaving his teammates but also said he's looking forward to working with wojo. I guess my question is why did he want to leave byu? Losing mins/starting position at byu, just ready for a change, loves wojo? Just curious.

warriorfan4life
04-30-2014, 11:06 PM
He references how it will be very difficult leaving his teammates but also said he's looking forward to working with wojo. I guess my question is why did he want to leave byu? Losing mins/starting position at byu, just ready for a change, loves wojo? Just curious.

I do believe that he was worried about losing minutes at BYU, and had the opportunity to make a change. He also had massive expectations on him as the point/lead guard to replace Jimmer. I think he is excited about Marquette because of the family connection (He is the nephew/great nephew of Brian Bunkhorst), plus having a coach in Wojo who is a former PG himself.