PDA

View Full Version : Harrison twins returning to Kentucky

Markedman
04-25-2014, 12:00 PM
Going to be a lot of 5 star players riding the bench and waving towels this year in Lexington…..
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 1m
Andrew and Aaron Harrison have decided to return to Kentucky for their sophomore seasons. (via multiple reports) pic.twitter.com/xOeu4UG6yG

Mark Miller
04-25-2014, 12:02 PM
Kentucky has to be ranked No. 1 in the preseason. Loaded once again.

Nukem2
04-25-2014, 12:06 PM
Kentucky has to be ranked No. 1 in the preseason. Loaded once again.Plus, will also have experience obviously. Should be the heavy favorite to win it all.

MUAlphaBangura
04-25-2014, 12:28 PM
Kentucky has to be ranked No. 1 in the preseason. Loaded once again.

B-O-O H-O-O Bucky!

MU/Panther
04-25-2014, 12:39 PM
Kentucky will be a true #1

DCwarrior
04-25-2014, 01:25 PM
With the Harrison twins, Dakari Johnson, and Poythress all returning plus another loaded incoming Freshman class -- I don't think it would be hyperbole to expect an undefeated season and National Championship from them.

mufansince72
04-25-2014, 01:43 PM
It would have been a mistake for the Harrison twins to enter the draft. Lots of potential, but not there yet. Especially with this deep of a draft.

Markedman
04-25-2014, 01:49 PM
With the Harrison twins, Dakari Johnson, and Poythress all returning plus another loaded incoming Freshman class -- I don't think it would be hyperbole to expect an undefeated season and National Championship from them.

I think expecting an undefeated season would be hyperbole......

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-25-2014, 02:20 PM
If it means Bucky doesn't win a national championship I'm all for it!

Goose85
04-25-2014, 02:47 PM

Add to that Causey-Stein and Marcus Lee staying as well.

They may have the talent to have a sweet 16 team without their starting lineup.

What front line options.
Add two top 10ish type players in Trey Lyles (6'10") and Towns (7'0") to the front line they already have;
Causey-Stein is 7',0", Lee 6'9", Poythress 6'8", Johnson 7'0"

That is 6 high school all americans playing the 4/5 slots.

Then, to back up the Harrison twins you will have Ulis and Booker, both top 30ish type players.

I guess I could understand if Lyles would decide to ask out and come to MU (ha). Does Kentucky have spots for all of these guys?

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
04-25-2014, 03:24 PM

Time to make 40-0 shirts.

They'll be ranked #1, they'll be favorites, but there's a reason no team has completed an undefeated season since 1976. I don't expect to ever see another undefeated team, and won't believe it until after it's done.

warriorfan4life
04-25-2014, 05:12 PM
I think I may still take Duke as favorites. I think Tyus Jones will be better then Andrew Harrison, and the presence of Okafor will allow Amile Jefferson to slide back to the four where he belongs (and could see Jefferson being a double-double guy there). Also, I think having Jones will free up Rasheed Sulaimon to be an all around scorer and not sole shot creator in the backcourt.

04-25-2014, 06:44 PM
I still think Bucky gets my vote. Experience means something and not every freshman can have an Anthony Davis or Kevin Durant type impact. One of the problems with Bo's teams in the past is they haven't known NCAA success. If ever Bo could win a title, next year is the year. Even when they reached the Final Four I never thought they had a serious chance. Next year, I think they will.

MUMac
04-25-2014, 09:15 PM
I still think Bucky gets my vote. Experience means something and not every freshman can have an Anthony Davis or Kevin Durant type impact. One of the problems with Bo's teams in the past is they haven't known NCAA success. If ever Bo could win a title, next year is the year. Even when they reached the Final Four I never thought they had a serious chance. Next year, I think they will.

So, Kentucky's experience doesn't mean much to you? Added to that the Freshman? Ok ...

04-25-2014, 10:16 PM
Kentucky improved, no doubt. I have more faith that Bo will get his guys playing at maximum efficiency on both ends. Both teams will be very good. I'd just lean toward Bucky over Kentucky.

warriorfan4life
04-25-2014, 10:18 PM
Bucky should be an overwhelming favorite in the B1G, and deserve to be preseason top 5 (with Duke, UK, Nova, and Virginia). However, I think their athletic limitations will again come into play, as they do not have that transcendent athlete/player to take over games. It may not be until the Final Four or Elite 8, but at some point they will be a little short of overall manpower to cut down the nets (especially with Kentucky and Duke having the potential to be behemoths next year).