PDA

View Full Version : OT - What Features Should New Facility Have?

Goose85
04-22-2014, 03:04 PM
As we all know the Bucks have been sold and the pressure is now on to put together a package to build a new facility in Milwaukee.

With that being said, I thought I'd ask those that have been to other basketball arenas, if Milwaukee can get a new facility built, what amenities or features have you seen / like in other facilities that would be nice to have in Milwaukee.

Mucrisco
04-22-2014, 04:05 PM
Caribou Jim Gentlemen's Club

Cooby Snacks
04-22-2014, 04:07 PM
My list is brief:

1. A relatively low ceiling to keep the noise bouncing around more.

2. I like the MSG/Barclays effect where the lights on the crowd are dim and the court looks more illuminated.

3. Cupholders.

warriorfan4life
04-22-2014, 04:09 PM

Well, they just spent money refurbishing one Milwaukee center for the performing arts, so why a rebranded Art's Performing Center. Need some healthy competition if Silk moves into the old Center Court.

ziggysfryboy
04-22-2014, 04:14 PM

well stated.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
04-22-2014, 04:27 PM
Exterior access shops. At least one bar, restaurant, and apparel shop that fans can access on non-game days.

Mucrisco
04-22-2014, 04:28 PM
Since it is Milwaukee, I think there should be a micro-brewery.

warriorfan4life
04-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Since it is Milwaukee, I think there should be a micro-brewery.

Lakefront could potentially open a brewpub/restaurant there to augment their current location.

Gato78
04-22-2014, 04:52 PM
A bar named Farley's like at MSG.

MU/Panther
04-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Leg room.

MUBB713
04-22-2014, 07:20 PM
Agree with a lot of these. More leg room is a start. Get more creative with the seating chart to get seats angled at the hoop and less upper deck seats behind the basket. Large gift store attached. More food options. Bigger atrium with indoor will call and box office.

MUMac
04-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Upper deck closer to the action. More like the kohl hole, in that regard.

As far as the amenities, I agree with what has been written. Especially the Caribou Club.

MU/Panther
04-22-2014, 07:44 PM
Not a fan of the Kohl Center, I take. The top deck is tough.

CaribouJim
04-22-2014, 08:11 PM

I'm on it - already assessing "talent".

Goose85
04-22-2014, 11:28 PM
I have been to arenas where there are more than two levels with two tiers of boxes. Anyone have thoughts on those, are they better than just normal two tier?

Would love some type of Fridays like Miller Park. Bar always open, can see game in special section.
I don't like the big openings behind the hoops.

IWB
04-22-2014, 11:45 PM
In other facilities...
I do not like the three tier system.
I do not like the sky boxes along the top.

What it does need....
It needs to be made for basketball, yet accessible for hockey.
It needs the end zones closed in.
It needs restaurants, bars and a Pro-Shop accessible 52 weeks per year like Miller Park and Lambeau Field.
It needs a bar where you can watch the action - ala Cincy.
It needs facilities that fans don't see. Major acts and pro teams go to arenas around the country and are treated like royalty - you know what they get at the BC? They walk in what equates to a back door, then proceed past the loading docks to a small guest room or visitors' locker room. You want people like Bon Jovi and Justin Timberlake to perform there? They need to feel like they are in a world class facility, not like they are sneaking into the back door of the Avalanche.

Would be nice....
The all new Yum Center and the aging United Airlines Center in Phoenix have the team's practice facility right there in the arena. Now, do the Bucks need that? No, but it might help with free agents that don't care to go all the way down to the hideout (aka Cousin's Center) every day.

CaribouJim
04-23-2014, 04:39 AM
The Bulls are moving their practice facility from far northern suburbs in Deerfield to next to the United Center. That commute to games was brutal for a lot of the players who lived close to the practice facility. Now they can live in the city.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/chicago-bulls-hold-groundbreaking-ceremony-new-downtown-practice-facility.html

ge1974
04-23-2014, 09:17 AM
A bat house.

TulsaWarrior
04-23-2014, 09:36 AM
This is about a 1 1/2 miles from our new house. A bigger version of this would be outstanding. There's not a bad seat in the house. The bb court itself gives me a headache. http://matthewknightarena.com/

beerhere6
04-23-2014, 09:27 PM
I thought Rupp was a decent setup when we went to the S16 last year. Although it's soon to be renovated, and it was overrun w/ UL fans at the time, I thought the bars, restaurants and shopping all right there in the same building was excellent.... would love to see a similar model.

Gato78
04-23-2014, 09:32 PM
Scoreboard from MSG.

DCwarrior
04-25-2014, 11:07 AM
If the Admirals could play elsewhere, I'd love no ice. Arenas w/out hockey are so much better to watch hoops in. It would also open up more Friday and Saturday night game options.