PDA

View Full Version : MU Men's Lacrosse beat G'town

MU/Panther
04-19-2014, 04:21 PM
Thanks to the 1,289 fans who came out to Hart Park today in support of #MULax!! Today marks the largest attendance of the year.

MCNAMARA SOCRES!!!!!!! MU wins 11-10 in overtime!! Marquette has just clinched a berth to the BIG EAST Tournament in Philadelphia!!!

After trailing 9-3, #MULax goes on a 8-1 run to win the game!

The Reptile
04-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Huge win. We were picked for last by the BE coaches in the pre season. Now we are the second seed with Nova losing to SJU. Huge game in Denver next week - yet another top 5 team on the schedule. This team is bringing it and at the right time. Yet another program to be proud of.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
04-20-2014, 08:51 AM
It is absolutely amazing to think that just a couple years ago, we didn't even have lacrosse. The job coach Amplo has done here is mind-boggling.

The Reptile
04-20-2014, 11:59 AM
It is absolutely amazing to think that just a couple years ago, we didn't even have lacrosse. The job coach Amplo has done here is mind-boggling.

My son plays lacrosse in HS and is always reading websites dedicated to the sport. One of them is now praising Amplo and saying he should be Coach of the Year. I'm biased but agree.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
04-20-2014, 12:41 PM
I hope Marquette can keep him. We had a gem in Shymansky and while non-basketball sports don't get the same attention, the success is still great for the university. I have to imagine that if he can take a start-up to being a contender in 2-3 years, he'll be a hot commodity.

MU/Panther
04-20-2014, 07:28 PM
I need to get to a Lax game. I went to my first vb game two years ago and went to 14 more since then.

MU Viking
04-20-2014, 10:50 PM
I met Coach Amplo when he was hired and told an East Coast lax fan buddy of mine that I predicted Amplo would have a competitive team by year 2 or 3. My friend thought I was crazy. Just had a feeling about Joe. He is a great coach and was a homerun hire by MU.

The Reptile
04-21-2014, 08:48 AM
I hope Marquette can keep him. We had a gem in Shymansky and while non-basketball sports don't get the same attention, the success is still great for the university. I have to imagine that if he can take a start-up to being a contender in 2-3 years, he'll be a hot commodity.

Fortunately, LAX is not like basketball. There are only 60+ programs in D1 vs 300+ for hoops. So, the numbers favor us. Also, I happened to sit with Coach Amplo's uncle last year when we played at High Point. He told me that he's very happy at MU and really likes Milwaukee.

MulliganMusings
04-21-2014, 10:52 AM
Fortunately, LAX is not like basketball. There are only 60+ programs in D1 vs 300+ for hoops. So, the numbers favor us. Also, I happened to sit with Coach Amplo's uncle last year when we played at High Point. He told me that he's very happy at MU and really likes Milwaukee.

Reptile, respectfully, that is the problem. Namely, while there are only 60 programs now, LAX is one of the fastest growing sports in the country. Looking down here in the south, where we both reside, one has to think it's only a matter of time before the club programs at schools like UGA, Clemson, UNC and many other locations move to a varsity status. I think a major public university, with their financial resources, would find Coach Amplo, based on the fact that he started a program from scratch, in an area with no strong LAX tradition, and raised it to a competitive level in less than two years to be an extremely attractive candidate.

MU/Panther
04-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Mnay schools have club LAX.