PDA

View Full Version : The best article I have found...

TulsaWarrior
04-13-2014, 09:05 AM
There has been so much publicity surrounding the hiring of Wojo (thank God for the nickname I doubt I could spell Wochry%#cowski) this article may have been missed by many Marquette fans. It needs to be shared with every potential recruit.

http://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/marquettehiresstevewojciechowski.html?utm_content= bufferca7aa&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

"The U.S. Department of Education reported that the Marquette men's basketball program earned over $16 million in 2012-13 and spent $10,726,622 – or an average of $226,168 per player.

It's a level of commitment Wojciechowski has come to expect as first a player, then a coach. Duke spent $176,697 on its players that year and $15,170,813 on its men's basketball team. Its revenue was in excess of $25.7 million."

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
04-13-2014, 09:56 AM
FWIW, I think it's a lot easier to spell if you break it up.

Woj -- easy to remember
ciech -- like a Polish version of check
owski -- The same ending as 99% of your Polish friends ;)

04-13-2014, 09:57 AM
Oh...and thanks for sharing, Goose! I do think the with the right motivation, the pieces and finances are in place to take this program up a notch.

TulsaWarrior
04-13-2014, 01:21 PM
It's easy for you Polish guys ;-) Much more of a challenge for the rest of us spellers ;-)

unclejohn
04-13-2014, 03:09 PM
Actually, it is not all that easy for us, either. We just get used to it. There is a banquet hall next to the Polish cemetery in suburban Chicago that does brisk business in the after funeral lunch business. It is pronounced Sha-BEE-la's. But it is spelled beginning with a P and followed by a string of seemingly random consonants. Here is a hint: When in doubt, it is probably pronounced SH. So Coach K's name is pronounced Sha-Shev-Ski.

04-13-2014, 04:26 PM
Actually, it is not all that easy for us, either. We just get used to it. There is a banquet hall next to the Polish cemetery in suburban Chicago that does brisk business in the after funeral lunch business. It is pronounced Sha-BEE-la's. But it is spelled beginning with a P and followed by a string of seemingly random consonants. Here is a hint: When in doubt, it is probably pronounced SH. So Coach K's name is pronounced Sha-Shev-Ski.

LOL So true, unclejohn. I went through the MFD Academy with a Przybylla, prounounced Sha-bill-uh. That Sh rule is spot on.