PDA

View Full Version : Big Ten (Network) opening office in NYC

MayorBeluga
04-11-2014, 10:10 AM
The Big Ten (Network) annoucend they're opening an office in New York City (http://tracking.si.com/2014/04/10/big-ten-announces-new-york-office/). How long until they, too, start making noises about hosting their post-season tournament in NYC? You've got to think they'll make a play eventually, if only for the media attention it would get. Good thing attendance at this season's BET was solid (even if Creighton fans drank less beer than Cuse fans).

Oh, once more, we pine for UConn to give up their football dreams and return to their proper place in the Big East. Yeah, it's not gonna happen, but an elected municipal exeuctive's gotta dream.

CaribouJim
04-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Oh, once more, we pine for UConn to give up their football dreams and return to their proper place in the Big East. Yeah, it's not gonna happen, but an elected municipal exeuctive's gotta dream.

I'm not an "elected municipal executive" (but I'm not a skirt chasing, booze-hound crook like the Mayor is either), but I too hold onto the "UCONN (along w/ Cinci) to the Big East" dream.

MayorBeluga
04-11-2014, 12:50 PM
I'm not an "elected municipal executive" (but I'm not a skirt chasing, booze-hound crook like the Mayor is either), but I too hold onto the "UCONN (along w/ Cinci) to the Big East" dream.

We've never called you a booze-hound.

MUAlphaBangura
04-11-2014, 03:12 PM

Do you mean skirt WEARING?

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
04-11-2014, 03:13 PM
If he meant skirt-wearing, would he have used the word "not" just before it? Come on, Alpha... ;)

CaribouJim
04-11-2014, 03:59 PM
If he meant skirt-wearing, would he have used the word "not" just before it? Come on, Alpha... ;)

I am in the '79 MU Yearbook in drag so there is a history there that I can't deny...

The Reptile
04-12-2014, 07:04 AM
The Big Ten (Network) annoucend they're opening an office in New York City (http://tracking.si.com/2014/04/10/big-ten-announces-new-york-office/). How long until they, too, start making noises about hosting their post-season tournament in NYC? You've got to think they'll make a play eventually, if only for the media attention it would get. Good thing attendance at this season's BET was solid (even if Creighton fans drank less beer than Cuse fans).

Maybe it has nothing to do with hoops and everything to do with advertising.

Goose85
04-12-2014, 09:56 AM
Maybe it has nothing to do with hoops and everything to do with advertising.

In order to make the Rutgers move work, they need to build up enough NY interest to allow a big increase in the monthly cable fee for the BTN. This could be part of what Reptile alluded to with advertising.