Hamostradamus
04-06-2012, 03:44 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/.../146453905.html

Nukem2
04-06-2012, 04:06 PM
I think they've played this song before....wearing out the jukebox....:mad:

Halo
04-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Who are these guys Butch Badger and BBFran who seem to know the story and posting info on a message board? Why is it news to them and they feel the need to post things like that? Marquette is in desperate need of a PR firm to get ahead of things like this. I have never in my life seen 3 stories of underage drinkers and a fight get this much attention in a major newspaper. Why?

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/51727/Six-Marquette-Players-Ticketed-in-January?page=2

IWB
04-07-2012, 09:08 AM
It wasn't underage drinkers, they were not cited for drinking. They don't know the story, neither one of them do. They are both guys in their 40s that have nothing better to do then rip MU. Follow their posts sometime - Butch Badger will go two months with a total of 14 posts, 13 out of 14 relate to Marquette. Fran posts on many other issues. However, if there is even a hint of something to do with MU in a post, Fran will be there to respond within minutes. Those two guys are beyond predictable.

Also, the one guy that posted about Bill Michaels comments. I listened to that segment and it was absurd. Yeah, right - the Big Unit has sources that know because his closest friends hang at Apt 720. Listening to it was literally like playing the game "telephone line" with a bunch of 5 year olds. Tell the first one a story, have them repeat it to the person next to them and on down the line. See what comes out the other end. That is exactly what transpired on his radio show.

Next - the guy brings up the "Vander Orange" story. How about you quit trying to make it sound cute and admit to what it really was, "Vander Black". Still think its funny? Still think its cute? What a bunch of a-holes.

TulsaWarrior
04-07-2012, 09:32 AM
IWB, you're holding back on your feelings and that is not good for your health. Please tell us how you really feel about this. ; - )

Gato78
04-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Fran is in his late 50s.

IWB
04-07-2012, 09:55 AM
I guess I keep forgetting how old I am.

MUAlphaBangura
04-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Fran is in his late 50s.

Met Fran once. Doddsy asked me to be his Marquette expert for his college basketball preview show when he had his radio show on 1510. Fran was the UW expert. I came to the show with a bottle of gatorade. Fran came to the show with several publications and 20 pages of notes on UW. I actually needed to help him out. Thanks for stopping Bitch.

Hamostradamus
04-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Fran's obsession with anything MU borders on neurotic. Tom Enlu...I mean, Don Walker is busy clearing mantel space for his Pulitzer. I would impute Walker's bullshite reporting to Enlund every time he appears at a media event and make him defend his colleague and employer. Unfortunately Walker's reporting capability is limited to:

1. Getting tipped off by an MPD source,
2. Doing an open records request with MPD,
3. Waiting by the facsimile-device thingy,
4. Copy...paste.

Why doesn't MU just pull Enlund's credentials and cease advertising on all things JSonline and WTMJ? What is the possible downside?

Jimmy Lemke
04-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Why doesn't MU just pull Enlund's credentials and cease advertising on all things JSonline and WTMJ? What is the possible downside?

As a fan of the Panthers, I can tell you that you'd now only have twice the coverage of us.

Jimmy Lemke
04-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Turns out I have connections with the other side. Interesting stories. Won't report unless there's corroboration, and that's doubtful from the MU side given the story.

kneelb4zerg
04-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Turns out I have connections with the other side. Interesting stories. Won't report unless there's corroboration, and that's doubtful from the MU side given the story.

Who's the other side?

IWB
04-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Jimmy - all it takes is an e-mail and I can give you facts from all sides.

Goose85
04-10-2012, 01:00 AM
I know plenty of UW students. I will offer them $25 for any picture of an underage player in a bar. Think when I send them to JS think they will do a blog on it?