PDA

View Full Version : Bennie Seltzer takes Samford job

Goose85
04-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Former MU assistant Bennie Seltzer takes over at Samford. Good luck Bennie!

Drew Windler, who has played the past two years in IWB's pro am, just finished his soph season at Samford.

I know there will still be movement, but it has been nice to see MU's staff relatively consistent for the past few years.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/18304239/samford-hires-indiana-hoops-assistant-seltzer

TedBaxter
04-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Not to make this a Crean thread, but I do think the up and down times in Crean's tenure were mostly about assistant coaching changes and I agree that it's been nice under Buzz to not have as much movement.

MUMac
04-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Not to make this a Crean thread, but I do think the up and down times in Crean's tenure were mostly about assistant coaching changes and I agree that it's been nice under Buzz to not have as much movement.

That is my belief as well. I do like the consistency with Buzz's staff. I also like the talents and abilities of the staff. I know some were concerned about how Buzz would put together a staff as a young, new coach 4 years ago. He has done VERY well in that regard.

Gato78
04-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Who will replace Bennie on Crean's staff? I would think Darrin Horn would be a logical candidate.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-05-2012, 09:13 AM
On the IU board Horn and Calbert Chaney are getting the most talk... We may be answering the same questions here if Benford gets that SMU job... Would love to take a run at Jerrance Howard.

IWB
04-05-2012, 09:31 AM
I would think Chaney might be the guy, Horn may have burned a few bridges.