PDA

View Full Version : Homestead this weekend

Markedman
04-03-2012, 11:31 AM
I think I have this right but can IWB or MM confirm?

Playground Elite(Wilson) plays at 8 AM at Homestead on Saturday court 2

TP Elite(Burton) plays at 10:20 AM at Homestead on Court 3

What is the admission charge?

thanks

AlexJesswein
04-03-2012, 11:42 AM
If it's anything like the past $15 ish per day

IWB
04-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Are they both playing 16U or 17U? If they are 16U then I believe you are correct, if they are playing 17U then TPE is 8:30pm on Friday, PE is 9:40 on Friday, Saturday TBD.

Not sure what the admission fee is, but I don't expect it to be cheap.

AlexJesswein
04-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Are they both playing 16U or 17U? If they are 16U then I believe you are correct, if they are playing 17U then TPE is 8:30pm on Friday, PE is 9:40 on Friday, Saturday TBD.

Not sure what the admission fee is, but I don't expect it to be cheap.

They both have to play 17-U. Each did play 17-U last year though.

Markedman
04-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Yeah I think I had the 16u schedules which I don't think is right.

Would appreciate confirmation so I don't waste a trip.

ge1974
04-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Here is the NCAA recruiting chart for 2011-12. On April 5th at 12:01 pm, the contact period begins agin.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/pdfs/recruiting+calendars/2011-12+di+mens+basketball+recruiting+calendar

d) March 29 through April 5, 2012, (noon): Dead Period

(e) April 5 (12:01 p.m.) - April 18, 2012, [except for (1) below]: Contact Period

(1) April 9-12, 2012: Dead Period

(f) April 19 through July 5, 2012, [except for (1), (2) and (3) below]: Quiet Period

(1) April 20-22, 2012: Evaluation Period (certified events only)

(2) April 27-29, 2012: Evaluation Period (certified events only)

(3) May 17-26, 2012, [except for (i) below]: Dead Period

(i) To be determined (NBA pre-draft camp only): Evaluation Period

(g) July 6-31, 2012, [except for (1), (2), (3) and (4) below]: Dead Period

(1) July 11 (5 p.m.) through July 15 (5 p.m.): Evaluation Period

(2) July 18 (5 p.m.) through July 22 (5 p.m.): Evaluation Period

(3) July 25 (5 p.m.) through July 29 (5 p.m.): Evaluation Period

(4) It is permissible for an institution to have contact with a prospect who is enrolled in the institution's summer term (i.e., summer session or summer bridge program) and has signed a National Letter of Intent or other written commitment to attend the institution. (Adopted: 4/25/02)

IWB
04-03-2012, 02:55 PM
You are quicker than me GE, I was about to release the second aspect of our recruiting section, MU Recruiting Section 2, dates and terms (http://www.brewcityball.com/MU_recruitindex.php)

Goose85
04-03-2012, 03:51 PM
So when is the time where a coach can't call a recruit. I thought that was the dead period but it says the coach can call?

Dead period is a time when the college coach may not have any in-person contact with the prospective student-athlete or the prospect’s parents at any time. The coach may write and telephone during this time.

IWB
04-03-2012, 06:00 PM
I need to update as here are the changes.....

Coaches will be allowed to send unlimited phone calls and text messages to men’s basketball recruits. The deregulation extends to social media, starting June 15 after a recruit’s sophomore year. Private messages on social networks also will be deregulated. Public messages through social networks will continue to be prohibited because of the rule preventing institutions from publicizing their recruiting efforts.

The Board believed that allowing earlier and more frequent contact between coaches and recruits will help build stronger relationships and reduce some of the influence of third parties on the recruiting process.

The new model, recommended after a year of study by the Leadership Council, also restores two weekends of recruiting at nonscholastic events in April and trims the summer recruiting period to three four-day periods in July.

In October 2010, the commissioners spurred the Council review of the recruiting model by asking the Board to immediately eliminate the July evaluation period. The presidents declined to take immediate action but agreed that changes were necessary. The Board assigned the task to the Leadership Council and gave the group a year to complete its work.

The recommendations approved Thursday signal the end of the bulk of that review.

In addition to modified recruiting periods and less stringent contact rules, the changes adopted by the Board include:

A start date for official visits beginning January 1 of the junior year, with schools able to pay travel expenses for the prospect and a parent/guardian.
Permitting some contact at a prospect’s educational institution during the junior year in conjunction with an evaluation, with some restrictions and requirements.
The July period will be limited to three four-day periods beginning Wednesday at 5 p.m. and ending Sunday at 5 p.m.
The April period will be limited to certified events that begin after 6 p.m. on Friday and end before 4 p.m. on Sunday.

Goose85
04-04-2012, 08:37 AM
I need to update as here are the changes.....
In addition to modified recruiting periods and less stringent contact rules, the changes adopted by the Board include:

A start date for official visits beginning January 1 of the junior year, with schools able to pay travel expenses for the prospect and a parent/guardian.

That is one thing I don't get. Why can't they pay for two parent / guardians? So both mom and dad can't go with their child to visit a school?

IWB
04-04-2012, 10:12 AM
I agree Goo - hate that rule. I know many kids take the trip with an AAU or high school coach as the parents aren't really in the mix, but the recruits should be able to bring two. Say there is not a dad in the picture, the AAU coach knows basketball, the mom wants the kid to be looked after - shouldn't they both be able to go?

I just think it makes sense, as long as it is not abused. I know there have been recruits that, instead of bringing a parent or coach, they bring a friend. Now that to me is not right - bring two people, but must show why they need to be present.