PDA

View Full Version : Early top 25 for 2012-13

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-03-2012, 08:27 AM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7767401/indiana-hoosiers-continue-moving-2012-13

Good for TC (yes I'm finally over it)... MU gets honorable mention, that's fine with me as I think we will struggle with the DJO/Crowder loss... I think 13'-14' is where we have a real chance to make some noise depending on PG play.

IWB
04-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Not sure how you can put a top 25 together until you know who goes pro. I mean, Kentucky could lose their top six, and if that does happen, I would drop them to #5 at a minimum! The rich get richer - Kentucky has another one-and-done recruiting class coming in.

CaribouJim
04-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Is Zeller 100% coming back for his sophomore year?

As far as MU goes, I do agree that a lot rides on Junior's shoulders - if he plays up to his potential by being a bit more assertive by driving and dishing and gets a decent jumper to keep the D honest and he syncs with DG, they could be a sleeper. Sounds like Otule may not be close to a 100% until maybe the start of BE play. It seems like most are assuming, if healthy, that Otule will start - I don't see that.

MUfan12
04-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Sounds like Otule may not be close to a 100% until maybe the start of BE play. It seems like most are assuming, if healthy, that Otule will start - I don't see that.

Did he have a setback? That would be basically a year since the surgery, would have a hard time seeing him take that long to get to 100%.

ge1974
04-03-2012, 09:54 AM
We need to find "go-to" guys on our team with Jae and DJO gone. When we need a basket do we turn to J. Wilson? Davante? Vander? Junior? Mayo? Perhaps TJ Taylor? If a couple of the returning players can "turn it up a notch" we'll be OK. My best guesses are J. Wilson and Mayo.

Goose85
04-03-2012, 10:00 AM
We need to find "go-to" guys on our team with Jae and DJO gone. When we need a basket do we turn to J. Wilson? Davante? Vander? Junior? Mayo? Perhaps TJ Taylor? If a couple of the returning players can "turn it up a notch" we'll be OK. My best guesses are J. Wilson and Mayo.

GE - I agree that Jamil Wilson and Mayo will likely be the main scorers / go to guys, and I think they can step it up. J. Wilson will be a real leader next season. Depending on the opponent, I think a guy like Gardner may be used as a go to guy in situations. When healthy he has the ability to get his shot off and get to the free throw line. Once at the line, Gardner is a pretty good free throw shooter.

ge1974
04-03-2012, 10:31 AM
TC is going to feel the pressure next season with IU a pre-season #1. I'm not sure their PG play is good enough to pull it off. Hulls can shoot with the best but he's not the distributor/floor general they need. Yogi Farrell will be a freshman and although a very good player, he's inexperienced. The Hoosiers are most likley a Top 10 team but I just don't see them winning it all.

ge1974
04-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Here is another Top 25 list. Indiana #1 again and MU is ranked #20.

http://www.thesportsbank.net/illinois-illini/2012-2013-college-basketball-preseason-top-25/

IWB
04-03-2012, 11:26 AM
No doubt Indiana should be good next year, but #1 may be a bit high for them seeing how this was their first winning season since Crean took over in Bloomington.