PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Final Four - One Shining Moment

IWB
04-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Saw this on Travis Diener & Joe Chapman's Facebook pages...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g92T3vCzcv0

Gato78
04-02-2012, 04:04 PM
I didn't see DWade in there. If omitted, huge mistake by CBS--triple-double to go to the FF should merit a little time.

CaribouJim
04-02-2012, 04:12 PM
I didn't see DWade in there. If omitted, huge mistake by CBS--triple-double to go to the FF should merit a little time.

IIRC DWade was not in it. Should we start another poll on if Shining Moment should be replaced and if so, by what? It's as grating as the Titanic song by Celin (sp?) Dion IMO. Dump it and replace it with Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida for at least one year for a change of pace.

Gato78
04-02-2012, 04:31 PM
I think "We Are the Champions" was the predecessor to "One Shining Moment" and I thought that was a mistake to change it. Now I am used to "One Shining Moment" but it has to be the Luther Vandross version. If it were changed to "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" would ther be a houka alert about 20 minutes beforehand so the masses could be properly prepared?

Mark Miller
04-02-2012, 04:54 PM
The moment from the run in 2003 I'll always remember -- the One Shining Moment -- was Dwyane Wade's dunk in transition against Kentucky. That pretty much sealed the win, or at least it was the first time in that game where I actually thought for sure Marquette was headed to Holy Ground -- The Final Four.

"Send It In Medium Sized Fella!"

Great, great memories!!!

IWB
04-02-2012, 04:59 PM
I know I am by far in the minority, but I am a fan of the One Shining Moment.

MUAlphaBangura
04-02-2012, 06:41 PM
I know I am by far in the minority, but I am a fan of the One Shining Moment.

I am a fan also. Maybe if all us sensitive guys speak up, we'll find out we're not in the minority. :-)

MayorBeluga
04-02-2012, 08:00 PM
I am a fan also. Maybe if all us sensitive guys speak up, we'll find out we're not in the minority. :-)

We've all often been impressed by MUAB's sensitive side.

Shoot. Almost managed to type that with a straight face. Almost.

IWB
04-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Ok, I am not trying to be disrespectful as I don't know the story, but was the national anthem sung by a wounded soldier or a make-a-wish winner or something? That was pretty bad.

MUMac
04-03-2012, 07:59 AM
At least he got all the words right. That may have had something to do with shying away from the recording artists.

CaribouJim
04-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Ok, I am not trying to be disrespectful as I don't know the story, but was the national anthem sung by a wounded soldier or a make-a-wish winner or something? That was pretty bad.

It was actually a real singing group The Fray - big band for the young whipper snappers out there - it did start out rough, but I was digging it by the end - better than a diva screaming instead of singing - should just have Whitney Houston's Super Bowl rendition 20 years back or Marvin Gaye's on tape for every game.

Goose85
04-03-2012, 08:41 AM
It was actually a real singing group The Fray - big band for the young whipper snappers out there - it did start out rough, but I was digging it by the end - better than a diva screaming instead of singing - should just have Whitney Houston's Super Bowl rendition 20 years back or Marvin Gaye's on tape for every game.

When they began singing / playing we were all horrified at my house. For the most part it was like the music being played wasn't in line with the actual song, and it sounded like the guitar was not in tune or something. It was almost like the guys playing the instruments had the wrong sheet music for the song. Somehow, as Caribou said, by the end I got it and it wasn't too bad, but the first 3/4 was very uncomfortable.

IWB
04-03-2012, 08:48 AM
The Fray is being ripped all over the internet this morning. I couldn't help but laugh at the guy with the civil war style single drum with a drumstick in one hand, tambourine in the other - was that really supposed to be a symbol of America? I thought it was terrible.

MUAlphaBangura
04-03-2012, 08:53 AM

Never been a fan of The Fray, and they certainly didn't change my mind with that rendition.

MUAlphaBangura
04-03-2012, 08:56 AM
The Fray is being ripped all over the internet this morning. I couldn't help but laugh at the guy with the civil war style single drum with a drumstick in one hand, tambourine in the other - was that really supposed to be a symbol of America? I thought it was terrible.

Why didn't the guy come out with a bloodied bandana around his head!

MUMac
04-03-2012, 09:00 AM
I will never complain about the National Anthem at a Marquette game again. At least I will not complain if they do NOT hire this group. I was pleading, praying for it to end.

IWB
04-03-2012, 09:36 AM
National anthems at MU games - there have been some that just amaze me. There was a girl this year, high school kid I think, that was unreal. One of my all time favorites was S&C Coach Todd Smith's 5 year old at a women's game last year. Another one that was amazing was Anthony Crivello, a Hollywood actor that went to MU. You may remember him as Jerry's maid's pimp who tried to get Kramer to become a "cleaning man".

CaribouJim
04-03-2012, 09:53 AM
National anthems at MU games - there have been some that just amaze me. There was a girl this year, high school kid I think, that was unreal. One of my all time favorites was S&C Coach Todd Smith's 5 year old at a women's game last year. Another one that was amazing was Anthony Crivello, a Hollywood actor that went to MU. You may remember him as Jerry's maid's pimp who tried to get Kramer to become a "cleaning man".

On a somewhat related note, was that wrong for George to have sex with the cleaning lady? The Fightin' 218 discussed this at length in 'Ville a couple weekends back.

IWB
04-03-2012, 09:55 AM
No, it was not, but it was wrong of him to try to buy her silence with a stained cashmere sweater.

MayorBeluga
04-03-2012, 10:02 AM
On a somewhat related note, was that wrong for George to have sex with the cleaning lady? The Fightin' 218 discussed this at length in 'Ville a couple weekends back.

No, but it was extremely disturbing for a certian arctic herd animal claim he had a similar liasion in Louisville while the rest of the Fighting 218 was busy propping up Miller Brewing's sales figures in Louisivlle.

CaribouJim
04-03-2012, 10:23 AM
No, but it was extremely disturbing for a certian arctic herd animal claim he had a similar liasion in Louisville while the rest of the Fighting 218 was busy propping up Miller Brewing's sales figures in Louisivlle.

I believe you may have taken said comment out of context - please refer all future inquiries on this subject to my attorney Gato. One last thing, they were real and they were spectacular!!

IWB
04-03-2012, 10:35 AM
And to think Caribou, he wanted to be your latex salesman.

MayorBeluga
04-03-2012, 11:04 AM
I believe you may have taken said comment out of context - please refer all future inquiries on this subject to my attorney Gato. One last thing, they were real and they were spectacular!!

Text from said arctic herd animal to a certain municipal executive office, dated March 17 at 1:46 PM: "well george castanza (sic) was not the only one who had sex w/ the cleaning lady"

Response from Hizzoner dated March 17 at 1:47 PM: "We (Hizzoner, Pliny the Elder, Pliny the Younger and Mrs. Pliny the Younger and possibly Oscar Jim) all just threw up a little"

CaribouJim
04-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Text from said arctic herd animal to a certain municipal executive office, dated March 17 at 1:46 PM: "well george castanza (sic) was not the only one who had sex w/ the cleaning lady"

Response from Hizzoner dated March 17 at 1:47 PM: "We (Hizzoner, Pliny the Elder, Pliny the Younger and Mrs. Pliny the Younger and possibly Oscar Jim) all just threw up a little"

I regret this "youthful indiscretion" and wish you all a good day. They were spectacular though.