PDA

View Full Version : Why is Howland not our coach already??!!

MarmooskaJig
03-28-2014, 08:03 AM
Best available!!! Whats so difficult?

MUBasketball
03-28-2014, 08:12 AM
There is a huge difference between biggest name available and best available.

ValiantSailor
03-28-2014, 08:27 AM
Best available!!! Whats so difficult?

He's not. It's that simple.

VS

CaribouJim
03-28-2014, 08:36 AM
He's not. It's that simple.

VS

For a variety of reasons...

ge1974
03-28-2014, 08:40 AM
If Jim Harding were alive, you'd probably want him.

MU/Panther
03-28-2014, 09:08 AM
Heard he wants to much money. Howland must earn his way back.

ge1974
03-28-2014, 10:10 AM
He's still getting paid by UCLA, I believe.

Awilhelmscream
03-28-2014, 10:30 AM
Why is everyone so enamored with Ben Howland? His players didn't like him, supposedly burned a lot of bridges on the AAU circuit, had all sorts of issues within the program while he was there, etc. He went to 3 consecutive Final Fours, good for him. Outside of that, is there really truly any reason anyone wants him above and beyond anyone else right now? He may note be the best available option because we have no idea who is actually available and who isn't. The fact that Wake and BC haven't hired him yet or even really made a run at him from what we know should say volumes about how he's currently regarded in coaching circles.

Milwarrior
03-28-2014, 11:03 AM
Why is everyone so enamored with Ben Howland? His players didn't like him, supposedly burned a lot of bridges on the AAU circuit, had all sorts of issues within the program while he was there, etc. He went to 3 consecutive Final Fours, good for him. Outside of that, is there really truly any reason anyone wants him above and beyond anyone else right now? He may note be the best available option because we have no idea who is actually available and who isn't. The fact that Wake and BC haven't hired him yet or even really made a run at him from what we know should say volumes about how he's currently regarded in coaching circles.

C'mon. If a coach did that at MU his banner would be hanging in the rafter some day like AL. Plus, he has like 14 players right now in the NBA. Think that would help with recruiting? And he is a very good in game coach as well. He is the best choice available, other than Bennett (if the rumors that he is interested are true).

P.S. What, if anything, can I do to start getting my posts to show up?

sailwi
03-28-2014, 02:57 PM
Jim Harding, that is a name I haven't hard in a long time, IIRC coach at University of Detroit. believe Spencer Haywood played for him, remember watching MU vs UD at Calihan hall with Spencer on the team.

IWB
03-28-2014, 04:01 PM
C'mon. If a coach did that at MU his banner would be hanging in the rafter some day like AL. Plus, he has like 14 players right now in the NBA. Think that would help with recruiting? And he is a very good in game coach as well. He is the best choice available, other than Bennett (if the rumors that he is interested are true).

P.S. What, if anything, can I do to start getting my posts to show up?

All it took was reading the notice on top of the premium board where it asked to have new subscribers e-mail me so I can change their profile. You are all set.

IWB
03-28-2014, 04:04 PM
Heard he wants to much money.

Yes, that report is out there, but I don't believe that at all.

Nukem2
03-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Poster over at Scoop says he has heard that Dick Srrong does not want Howland. Who knows.

79warrior
03-28-2014, 05:07 PM
I am sure we are lining up a solid assistant.

unclejohn
03-28-2014, 09:18 PM
Yes, that report is out there, but I don't believe that at all.

I have to agree with IWB. Where is he going to go where somebody is going to pay him more? Especially this year. There are not an abundance of big name jobs out there.

Gato78
03-28-2014, 10:22 PM
Howland hasn't been recruiting the past year. I think that is a big negative. Starting from scratch in recruiting.

kneelb4zerg
03-28-2014, 10:25 PM
Howland isn't our coach because he's a great big A hole.

Marquette
03-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Marquette needs someone to step in and hit the gas, not someone to step in and start from scratch.