PDA

View Full Version : Next Year's Big East

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Looking at the Louisville roster they only lose Kuric and Chris Smith... They are gonna be a pretty scary team next year with a healthy Blackshear, Siva, and Behannon... Gotta think they will be one of the favorites in the BE... Syracuse is losing three top players, will still be good, but without Melo, Joseph, and Jardine they will lose more than 3 games all year. Could be interesting year for MU in the Big East, I could see us landing anywhere from 4 to 9 in the league... Thoughts on how the league will look?

Nukem2
04-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Kind of wonder, though, if Dieng will go in the NBA draft. He really stood out in the BET and NCAAs. Hard to see his stock going much higher? If Ville loses him, it would be a much different team. Gorgui has been the real reason for Ville's recent rennaisance along with Siva. He just anchor heir defense with rebounding and shot blocking/altering.

MU_Iceman
04-01-2012, 09:17 AM
I agree about Dieng. I know he has said he wants to get a degree, but the NBA could use guys like him. He's not polished offensively, but defensively, he could make an impact right away. He may just go. You have to wonder about Siva too. He may not go, but with his dad, I mean I could just see him declaring too. You never know. Also, don't forget, Dion Waiters from Cuse is going pro too, so they lose him as well. Also some rumblings late last night about Behanan from UL going pro. This is always an interesting time. We should know a lot more in the next 9 days or so.

warriorfan4life
04-01-2012, 10:35 AM
If the Louisville roster comes back nearly intact (and I think Mason transfer Luke Hancock will be an excellent role player for them as well), they will be tops in the Big East and preseason top 5-10. Cuse should be solid, but there is an impending sense of doom hanging over their program and who knows how that may play out in the offseason. Georgetown loses a lot, but I love Otto Porter and think they will quietly be back in the top 4-6 of the Big East. ND should also be really, really good with the return of Grant, Atkins, Connaughton, and Cooley, and I would pick them preseason top 4 in the Big East. I think Marquette will fall somewhere in the 4-8 range (maybe as high as 3rd if Cuse's dynamite stick goes off), but the Big East looks wide open outside of the top 2-3 (Ville, ND, maybe Cuse).