PDA

View Full Version : Radio show

IWB
03-26-2014, 05:23 PM
Heads up, with media availability tomorrow, we will hold off on tonight's show and go tomorrow.

Thanks

CaribouJim
03-26-2014, 05:55 PM
Jim, how forthright will MU be tomorrow do you think? Lot of dancing?

When Buzz was hired it was 6 days after TC left, but with a new President being named just today you have to factor that in right? Maybe not another 6 days, but a few?

Gato78
03-26-2014, 06:12 PM
Bill Cords cannot have a media availability about nothing. Something is up.

TulsaWarrior
03-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Is Marquette hedging bets on expectations prior to the noozer. The intent of the conference can always be changed as the hours pass. That way no egg on the face if something unexpected happens.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-26-2014, 06:29 PM
Is Marquette hedging bets on expectations prior to the noozer. The intent of the conference can always be changed as the hours pass. That way no egg on the face if something unexpected happens.

I doubt it... Wouldn't it be uncommon to have a press conference to announce who you hired? Usually it's a press release to announce who you hired, which includes information for the press conference to introduce the new coach a few days later...

Gato78
03-26-2014, 06:30 PM
Is the announcement a mere placeholder for other news? Only thing that makes sense.

MUFLA
03-26-2014, 06:34 PM

It's Broeker time. I hope.

MUBasketball
03-26-2014, 06:34 PM

Cottingham did when Crean left.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-26-2014, 06:38 PM

I hope that's the case... If not I hope a media member asks what the point of the presser was...won't happen but I'm not sure how the PR department can look at this and think its a good idea...

mufansince72
03-26-2014, 06:40 PM
Is the announcement a mere placeholder for other news? Only thing that makes sense.

I agree Gato! As I said in an earlier post, they can't call a press conference to announce that the search continues, without looking like complete idiots. You handle something like that by being a guest on a sports talk radio station.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-27-2014, 08:41 AM
Not in this town. 1250 is full of anti-Marquette guys and no one listens to 540. Going on local talk radio won't reach any audience, and I get the sense that while they may not want to say exactly where things stand, they do want to get something out there.