PDA

View Full Version : Where we are Tuesday morning

TulsaWarrior
03-25-2014, 10:03 AM
I feel there's a good and surprising list that Marquette is working from. It's clear there's something to the Shaka story one way or another.. Whether it works out -- it's not over until it's over. We know Doc Rivers has been a key player in the equation. We know Broeker has had a list for years and has been updating it. Cords had the balls to fire Deane when many of us thought that was a bad move. (I was wrong by the way) He's been down this road on both sides of the equation.

What's the old saying -- where there's smoke there's fire. Howland floated a story saying Marquette wasn't willing to pay him what he wanted so he's not interested. Face saving -- probably. It tells me Marquette was willing to pass on him for the time being. Shaka like Buzz has been the flavor of the month in every post season for four years.

I firmly believe with Doc, Cords, Broeker, Wild and Strong behind the wheel this will end well. Social media is always willing to be more cutting edge than traditional media outlets. They also generally have the information first. When Buzz was hired as Marquette's head coach the story broke when Corey Williams was spotted at the bookstore buying tons of Marquette apparel.

I think what we're learning is it can be tricky to hire another school's well established head coach unless both sides are totally committed to the move. Even then there is a high stealth factor.

It's raining in Eugene, Oregon this week and I'm going to read a book. Please send me a message when Marquette schedules a news conference. Oh, one last thing, fans need to appreciate the work IWB, Dodds and Mark Miller have done and are doing.

Nukem2
03-25-2014, 10:13 AM
What else can we do? I also believe MU will end up with a solid coach/recruiter. If nothing else, not much competition this year.

ValiantSailor
03-25-2014, 12:12 PM
It's raining in Eugene, Oregon this week ....

Shocking.... :cool:

VS

Nukem2
03-25-2014, 01:23 PM
Shocking.... :cool:

VS
I guess Tulsa reads a lot of books....;)