PDA

View Full Version : One last Brent Williams observation

pbiflyer
03-24-2014, 08:59 AM
Actually, it came from mrs. pbiflyer, who despite marrying me, is one smart woman.

After watching the CBS bit on Buzz's Bunch, she made an off handed comment that I dismissed at the time. She commented on all the slo-mo and perspective shots of Buzz, saying it was out of character for him. She said "It is almost like one of those political commercials you see."
Turns out she was exactly right.

Djgoldnboy
03-24-2014, 09:19 AM
Actually, it came from mrs. pbiflyer, who despite marrying me, is one smart woman.

After watching the CBS bit on Buzz's Bunch, she made an off handed comment that I dismissed at the time. She commented on all the slo-mo and perspective shots of Buzz, saying it was out of character for him. She said "It is almost like one of those political commercials you see."
Turns out she was exactly right.

Ha, now that you bring it up, I kind of thought the same thing without even knowing it.....there was one shot where he was walking down a hallway in slo mo towards the camera and I remember thinking, "How did they convince him to do that?" as it didn't seem the type of thing he would do.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-24-2014, 09:42 AM
I never would have imagined he'd be running for mayor of Blacksburg :D

dw3dw3dw3
03-24-2014, 10:06 AM
I thought the same thing while watching it. The last arms crossed shot was weird to me.

TulsaWarrior
03-24-2014, 10:51 AM
I worked in television for 30 years and always told reporters to write to the video you have not write the story and then find video to cover your voice track. The slow motion stuff didn't feel right when I saw it. I would have told the editor to use a montage of the kids who are taking part in the program or a montage of pics with players and coaches working with the kids. The slowmos were really Hokie and put the emphasis on the wrong thing. No put down intended just a production criticism. The story was well done and I would have just changed a few of the shots.