PDA

View Full Version : Posted on premium. Thought it should be here

Gato78
03-23-2014, 10:16 AM
Please do not listen to the national goofs. IWB has a better handle on this than the national guys. A few reasons (which also explain IWB's silence):

1. Many, many coaches are trying to get involved. They do that by floating their names. Has MU talked to (fill in the blank): yes, they have. Either the coach or his agent has called and talked to Mike Broeker. It means nothing. You could take today's JS article about Howland and change the name with more than 20 college basketball coaches.
2. Only three people and Fr. Wild know what is going on. Those three people aren't talking about it, even to good friends. It has to be close to the vest or it is a circus.
3. If a coach's name is being floated right now, it is probably too late.
4. Mike Broeker, for years, has been in touch with college coaches (head and assistant) for just these times. He has a very good understanding of who these people are and who would fit. He basically vets coaches all the time regardless of circumstance, though perhaps not formally. We are in great hands with all the work Broeker has done over the years preparing for this moment. He has taken an approach of "protecting our asset" and he was ready when this hit the fan. He should be our permanent athletic director.
5. Based on everything we know we are going to get an excellent head coach. Don't believe anything any national writer says about who leads and who the top candidate might be. They have no inside information. If any national group would get the information leaked from the MU side, it would likely be Fox related. The guy who is getting the job will not leak (see Bob Knight and Bucky).

MUUWUWM
03-23-2014, 11:24 AM
Thanks Gato... Rumors can get a life of their own.

jesmu84
03-23-2014, 03:18 PM
Does that mean since Howland's name has been out there so much, he's not likely the choice?

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Just means he may not be the #1 choice as they are making it seem...

warriorfan4life
03-23-2014, 03:22 PM
Does that mean since Howland's name has been out there so much, he's not likely the choice?

Howland I believe is the baseline candidate. He is an option, but we will do our due diligence and check out the other options.

unclejohn
03-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Good radio show. Jim, if what you are looking for is a players' coach, a guy who will promote the program, a guy who will look after the academics of the players, and somebody who will shmooze with alums and supporters, you are not describing Ben Howland.

goldenlegal22
03-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Thanks for posting this. Always nice to get some informed insight when there are so many crazy rumors floating around (i.e. - Doc Rivers will leave a NBA title contender to come coach here....) Might just swing me to purchase the premium subscription

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-23-2014, 04:18 PM
It is entirely worth it... Even moreso at a time like this... Trust me, if you want to know what's really happening and who MU is targeting it's all there.

MUMac
03-23-2014, 04:20 PM
Thanks for posting this. Always nice to get some informed insight when there are so many crazy rumors floating around (i.e. - Doc Rivers will leave a NBA title contender to come coach here....) Might just swing me to purchase the premium subscription

It is well worth the cost. Especially in times like this. You could join now and learn a heck of a lot. Just my humble opinion.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-23-2014, 05:02 PM
The past 2 days alone have paid for my premium subscription. No question about it.

TallTitan34
03-23-2014, 05:13 PM
The past 2 days alone have paid for my premium subscription. No question about it.

The price is worth it just to filter out all of the garbage that you'll find at Scoop.

Nice little thing going here.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-23-2014, 05:16 PM
Amen... This board is head and shoulders above all the other boards, the main reason for that is the premium board...

goldenlegal22
03-23-2014, 05:20 PM
Think you guys got me convinced.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-23-2014, 05:22 PM
Look at it this way, it's $7.00 for one month and if you truly don't like it you can always cancel... I waste much more than $7 a month on many things that bring me much less value so it's a no brainer...

bob7200
03-24-2014, 08:24 AM
I guess I'm dumb, but I'm having trouble where to find the premium board on here and sign up for it.....any help is appreciated....

lj854
03-24-2014, 08:40 AM
I guess I'm dumb, but I'm having trouble where to find the premium board on here and sign up for it.....any help is appreciated....

Click the big box in the upper right hand corner.

unclejohn
03-24-2014, 08:41 AM
Go to the top of the page. Right above the "Reply to Topic" button. See the word "Forum". Next to it, it says Marquette Basketball. The first one, not the second. Click on that. That will lead you to the forums for Marquette, as opposed to the Bucks or UWM. One is the Insider board. Click on that.

Djgoldnboy
03-24-2014, 09:20 AM
On that note, and hope this would go without saying for the new members who join.....what is relayed in the premium board is meant to stay there. Just like Vegas.

pbiflyer
03-24-2014, 09:24 AM
Look at it this way, it's $7.00 for one month and if you truly don't like it you can always cancel... I waste much more than $7 a month on many things that bring me much less value so it's a no brainer...

Yeah, its so low, I haven't even bothered to change from monthly to yearly. Its such a low cost and great value.

Goose85
03-24-2014, 09:25 AM
On that note, and hope this would go without saying for the new members who join.....what is relayed in the premium board is meant to stay there. Just like Vegas.

Great point. IWB has been able to share some very interesting information on the premium board because to date, none of it has found its way elsewhere. He will likely continue to do so as long as that continues to be the case.

bob7200
03-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Thanks. I completely understand and appreciate that the content should stay there.