PDA

View Full Version : Duane Tweet

mufansince72
03-23-2014, 12:25 AM
Chosen One ‏@SwaggyDu1 5m
Praying we all stick together and don't fall apart. #mubb

Phantom Warrior
03-23-2014, 06:46 AM
Duane, Deonte, and Luke form a terrific core to build on.

I'm hoping Dawson, JJ, and Taylor all stay, but so far no apparent tweets/comments from any of the three, just Dawson's dad.

I really doubt Hill ends up at MU now unless the new coach actually is a "10" as Bullseye described one possible candidate. Even then, I figure it's a long shot.

We'll see. I refuse to worry about any of this. Buzz didn't want to be here any more. His loss.

Personally, while I do not begrudge him the right to do whatever he thinks his best for him and his family, and while I appreciate what he did for the program, I don't give a crap how he does at Virginia Tech. He made his bed; he has to sleep in it.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-23-2014, 07:17 AM
I think the program will be fine. This is by far the best open job in the country, far better than the shambles of Wake, BC, or Va Tech. I love the leadership and commitment we're seeing from Duane, Deonte, and Fish. We have a few veterans that I expect will be willing to buy into a new system in Derrick and Juan and a ton of young talent. Crean and Chris Otule's coach both proved you can recruit to Milwaukee.

With kids like we have in place and the assets MU offers a new coach, I feel there's not a lot to worry about. It may take a couple years, but I'm excited for the future.

MUMac
03-23-2014, 07:44 AM
There have been questions about leadership from the players going forward and that was lacking this year. Not to hijack the thread, but the more I see, read and hear from Duane, the more I think he could be that leader. If not next year, awfully soon. I really like the kid. He will be great for MU - especially during this transition.

Phantom Warrior
03-23-2014, 08:01 AM
I feel the same about Deonte.

dubs98
03-23-2014, 08:43 AM
indeed. we may be losing a lot, but I feel confident rolling forward with duane, deonte, and LF. That is a hell of base with 4, 3, & 2.5 years of eligibility left.

warriorfan4life
03-23-2014, 09:14 AM
Hoping that Duane and his father work to make sure that Cohen comes as part of his class. I understand them wanting to explore all options, but we need quality depth at the 2-3 spots and he will almost assuredly get PT next year out of necessity (and I think that he has a real nice upside). I think that Cohen himself wants to play for Marquette, and a top new coach should want him back and sway the right people to make that happen.

MUwarrior1090
03-23-2014, 01:00 PM
I love Duane Wilson. The kid hasn't played a minute yet and he's turning into one of my favorite players.