PDA

View Full Version : Inside the Al Radio

zklup54
03-22-2014, 10:48 PM
We will have a live show tomorrow at 2 pm, to break down everything that has happened in the last 24 hours. tune at blogtalkradio.com

TulsaWarrior
03-22-2014, 11:51 PM
Breakdown is the right term Zach.

Goose85
03-23-2014, 09:56 AM
That will be tough as I am sure much of what IWB knows is too sensitive to say at this point.

MU/Panther
03-23-2014, 10:42 AM
I look forward to the show!

TulsaWarrior
03-23-2014, 11:07 AM
My hope is for constructive talk about the kind of coach Marquette needs, the assets compared to other schools and an overview of the dynamics of the search. Another topic is the nature of leaks -- why they happen and for what end is another topic.

What do you expect to be the guidelines the new coach will be asked to function under? Could those change once a new prez and AD are in place? Will the lack of a permanent prez and AD impact getting the kind of coach Wild and Cords want to hire?

What qualities are the most important for coaching success at Marquette?

What is the state of the program? current players staying......recruiting.....

I know a lot of people feel the former coach betrayed their support. Is it worth our time anymore to talk about it? I don't know. Personally I'd rather focus on the future and learn from the past.

What could be constructive would be -- without knocking Buzz is the possible "whys" of the move -- the Marquette administrative situation -- what makes Buzz tick -- the signs of trouble along the way -- what did the past season tell us about where the former coach's mind was?

MUMac
03-23-2014, 11:15 AM
Tulsa, I agree with your comments. I have moved on from the buzz discussion and decision. I am more interested in the players reaction, commitment/concerns; the recruits feelings - wait and see or run to the hills? On that note, I was surprised and disappointed that Cohen came out asking for his release so quickly. Being a local guy, and having said MU was his dream school, I just felt that was bad form. Lastly, I want to know about timeline and what they feel the type of new coach will be.

TulsaWarrior
03-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Buzz made an off handed comment to one of the CBS announcers yesterday offering him a scholarship and saying he could take "an online class." That was one of the points of contention with Pilarz and LW. It prevented the coach from recruiting some kids because they were having trouble getting the classes they needed via any other delivery system. My wife teaches online for a Boston University grad program and I spent ten years helping to develop an online college program. Online is becoming a giant in higher ed and I always though not allowing student athletes to take those courses from accredited institutions was crazy. The live class sessions and proctoring protects the integrity of the educational process.

This all ties into the rules the new Marquette coach must operate under.

MUMac
03-23-2014, 11:32 AM
That could have been a veiled, calculated comment ... or just a humorous banter. I doubt it was made directed towards MU.

mufansince72
03-23-2014, 01:56 PM
Anybody have a clue how to tune in to this?

WindyCityGoldenEagle
03-23-2014, 01:59 PM
link?

MUMac
03-23-2014, 02:00 PM
Follow the link: http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/content.php?647

mufansince72
03-23-2014, 02:02 PM
Thanks

TulsaWarrior
03-23-2014, 02:40 PM
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/brewcityball/2014/03/23/inside-the-al-32314