PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Process

Nukem2
03-22-2014, 10:05 AM
Given the interim status of Bill Cords and Fr. Wild, one has to wonder if the hiring process for a new coach is going to drag out with BOT involvement or be dragged out while the BOT settles on filling the President and AD vacancies?

Hopefully, a new coach can be hired expeditiously. A dragged out process is never good.

As my attorney friends say, time is of the essence.

Gato78
03-22-2014, 10:08 AM
Time is of the essence . 10 days. Cannot wait. The money will calm any coach's fear of new administrators.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-22-2014, 10:23 AM
If Gregg Marshall is an option it may take longer... I think they wait till after the Final Four to announce... I think its worth the wait to get it right... I've said it before, I think we have time here.

MU/Panther
03-22-2014, 10:23 AM
I think the list is strong. Alot to sell at being at Marquette. Money, FS1, every game in on national tv, great non league schedule, cupboard looks filled.

TulsaWarrior
03-22-2014, 10:25 AM
Write clauses into the contract so the new coach knows the perimeters on recruiting and spending. Those could also be reviewed by finalist for Prez and AD. A hire within 10 days is needed to hold things together.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-22-2014, 10:29 AM
If that's the case then you very well could end up eliminating Archie Miller and Gregg Marshall if they win the next two days... I think that's foolish... Got to see what happens and let some things play out.

MUMac
03-22-2014, 10:41 AM
If that's the case then you very well could end up eliminating Archie Miller and Gregg Marshall if they win the next two days... I think that's foolish... Got to see what happens and let some things play out.

Not necessarily. I suspect they will know if their is any mutual interest from those coaches, through back channels. If there is not, proceed quickly. Need some stability.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-22-2014, 10:42 AM
And if there is? ... I'm not 100% saying they have to wait! but it doesn't have to happen fast, we are the only good job out there, we have time.

mufansince72
03-22-2014, 10:48 AM
And if there is? ... I'm not 100% saying they have to wait! but it doesn't have to happen fast, we are the only good job out there, we have time.

No we don't. I would like a new coach onboard quickly. Someone who will have a chance to meet with recruits and try to salvage some of the pieces, and go out and get some new ones if needed.

MUMac
03-22-2014, 10:48 AM

I did not think the question at the start of your post was necessary. Pretty obvious what they would do, to me.

IrwinFletcher
03-22-2014, 10:53 AM
I think fans get caught up in the "timing" too much. Oregon is a great example when they went through 3-4 guys who turned them down. They got Altman and he is doing well over there.

If things do drag out for a couple of weeks, it could mean they are targeting a guy who is still coaching. I am fine with that if that turns out to be the case.

Just get the right guy. If that takes 3 days or 20 days, just get him, get him in here and start recruiting kids on the roster, the commits for 2014 and go from there.

MUMac
03-22-2014, 11:03 AM
I think fans get caught up in the "timing" too much. Oregon is a great example when they went through 3-4 guys who turned them down. They got Altman and he is doing well over there.

If things do drag out for a couple of weeks, it could mean they are targeting a guy who is still coaching. I am fine with that if that turns out to be the case.

Just get the right guy. If that takes 3 days or 20 days, just get him, get him in here and start recruiting kids on the roster, the commits for 2014 and go from there.

Yep. Agree and well said.