PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Stone in new issue of Sports Illustrated...

CaribouJim
03-30-2012, 11:17 AM
...in the "Faces in the Crowd" section - just got my issue yesterday.

DIAMOND STONE MILWAUKEE > BASKETBALL
Diamond, a 6'9½" freshman forward at Dominican High, had a Division 4 tournament-record 20 total blocked shots to help the Knights defeat previously unbeaten Cuba City High 61-43 for the state title. In a 67-44 semifinal win over Colfax High, he had a triple double with 15 points, 15 rebounds and an all-division single-game tournament-record 14 blocks. Wisconsin's top-rated freshman, Diamond averaged 13.4 points per game this season, along with a team-high 8.1 rebounds and 3.1 blocks.

TedBaxter
03-30-2012, 11:21 AM
He'll be a big time recruit if he continues the typical development. I'd like to think MU has a shot at Diamond, but a lot can happen in three years and the addition of Duane Wilson Jr. may or may not have much of an impact on his recruiting. Marquette will recruit him hard and that's the one definite.

Kind of an interesting fact that Diamond's father and Jamil Wilson's father were both successful players at Wisconsin-Whitewater.

IWB
03-30-2012, 04:10 PM
I spoke to an out of state D1 coach recently that said he feels that Diamond will be top 10 nationally when all is said and done.

Goose85
03-30-2012, 04:30 PM
And the Bullseye Brothers said the same about Looney. Some real talent in the state and I hope some of it stays here with Buzz.

IWB
03-30-2012, 04:35 PM
The Bulls-Eye Brothers didn't say Looney would be top 10, they said he would battler for the #1 overall spot - that is HUGE!!