PDA

View Full Version : Wardle

Gato78
03-21-2014, 06:28 PM
I am prejudiced but let me state the case for Wardle. He has more head coaching experience than Buzz and Crean when they came here. He has had damn good success at UWGB and was able to find some pretty good talent. He is a Marquette guy as is his wife. It would be a dream job for him and he won't leave for greener pastures. Would be a great recruiter in Chicago. Played with Wade in AAU ball, played with Diener etc. We need to seriously consider Wardle. Might be a strong hire.

AbovetheRim
03-21-2014, 06:33 PM
I am prejudiced but let me state the case for Wardle. He has more head coaching experience than Buzz and Crean when they came here. He has had damn good success at UWGB and was able to find some pretty good talent. He is a Marquette guy as is his wife. It would be a dream job for him and he won't leave for greener pastures. Would be a great recruiter in Chicago. Played with Wade in AAU ball, played with Diener etc. We need to seriously consider Wardle. Might be a strong hire.

Agree but with a smaller, more limited recruiting base do we risk down years as the talent cycles up and down from year to year? He's proven he can recruit impact at the PG postion, though. Something we've been lacking, IMO.

TulsaWarrior
03-21-2014, 06:34 PM
Wardle was on the staff at Marquette, served as an assistant at Green Bay and in four years as head coach took the program there to the next level. The GB job was done on a shoestring budget. If he was brought in I would hope Wainwright stayed on the staff. Wardle would need someone with gray hair.