PDA

View Full Version : Updates from Bradley Center

MayorBeluga
03-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Lots of government school fans. To be expected but still, ugh. All the banners are still up, MU, Bucks & Admirals.

Most disturbing sights? MU fans wearing red. WTF?

IWB
03-20-2014, 11:31 AM
Yes - lots of media here too... Jeff Goodman likely the biggest name here.

MayorBeluga
03-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Apparently Marquette hired the same company as American for designing the logo. And the company is not too creative since they are nearly identical.

wiscwarrior
03-20-2014, 12:06 PM
Apparently Marquette hired the same company as American for designing the logo. And the company is not too creative since they are nearly identical.

I actually preferred the original Golden Eagle logo to the current one... more unique and predatory looking.

MayorBeluga
03-20-2014, 12:06 PM
Govt school fans complaining Kaminsky needs to be down low since he hadn't hit a 3 all season. Laughter stifled.

CaribouJim
03-20-2014, 12:07 PM
Do they have a T-shirt drop? If so, I'm thinking I should have bought tickets.

MayorBeluga
03-20-2014, 12:08 PM
I actually preferred the original Golden Eagle logo to the current one... more unique and predatory looking.

MU and AU logos are basically the same

IWB
03-20-2014, 12:15 PM
Way too much red here. Unlike most arenas, you don't see a "blue section, a yellow section, a green section, a black section"..... the whole stadium is red.

CaribouJim
03-20-2014, 12:19 PM
Way too much red here. Unlike most arenas, you don't see a "blue section, a yellow section, a green section, a black section"..... the whole stadium is red.

On TV they said about 80% red.

IWB
03-20-2014, 12:23 PM
Probably accurate.

warriorfan4life
03-20-2014, 12:32 PM
American can get back into this game if they would stop turning the damn ball over. Mostly unforced turnovers as well, as Wisconsin does not pressure the ball. Killer for American going down by 10, as that is a huge lead to overcome in a glacially paced game like this.

Goose85
03-20-2014, 12:52 PM
That is one thing I'm sure fans traveling to any region in North Carolina are used to with Duke.

While it is nice to sell the building out (Milwaukee has always done its share to sell out), I can't stand it when in the first weekend one team has 80% of the arena filled with its fans. Just doesn't seem right, and it kind of ruins the NCAA tourney experience where everyone around is from different schools.

MayorBeluga
03-20-2014, 12:56 PM
Pet peeve alert: Bradley Center needs to stop people from coming in during play. World's greatest UW fans (sic) near me don't understand concept of watching games. If last week at MSG taught me anything, it's Creighton's fault

IWB
03-20-2014, 01:12 PM
Interesting, even though it is a massive UW crowd, it is obviously not the typical Kohl Center Crowd. The band has been playing their usual stuff, but you don't see the usual crowd movements that go along with them. They just played "Time Warp" and you could see a few fans that were trying to do the crap that goes with it, only to realize they were the only ones in their section doing it, and they stopped. Must have had 1-2 in each section, but that was it.

CaribouJim
03-20-2014, 01:17 PM
Come on Dayton!!!! 20.9 to go!!!!

CaribouJim
03-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Down goes OSU....Down goes OSU!!!!!

IWB
03-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Dayton knocks off Ohio State 60-59.

Goose85
03-20-2014, 01:21 PM
Dayton wins - I'm still in the running for $1 Billion.

MayorBeluga
03-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Another thing the BC needs to improve. Cell signal. It sucks in this building

unclejohn
03-20-2014, 01:32 PM
Glad you are interested Goose. When I win the billion, I will hire you. I can use a couple of personal college basketball experts.

sailwi
03-20-2014, 01:33 PM
cell issue is your carrier not the BC, also the bandwidth is probably being used with 19k people on their phones during the game. Bad cell coverage happens a lot at big events due to the amount of devices accessing at one time.

unclejohn
03-20-2014, 01:37 PM
That is one thing I'm sure fans traveling to any region in North Carolina are used to with Duke.

While it is nice to sell the building out (Milwaukee has always done its share to sell out), I can't stand it when in the first weekend one team has 80% of the arena filled with its fans. Just doesn't seem right, and it kind of ruins the NCAA tourney experience where everyone around is from different schools.

The worst I ever saw was with O'Neill's first NCAA team, when Marquette played at Indianapolis the same year Ix4 did. I think Ix4 was a #3 that year. The classy Ix4 fans booed Wright State's cheerleaders, despite the fact that their team was up by 20+. On every TV everywhere, you saw nothing but constant re-runs of Knight and his players spelling out Thank You to the fans on their home court. Well at least those advantages usually go to high seeds. The last time the rodents got to play in Milwaukee, they were a 6 playing #3 Pitt. Pitt won anyway, and predictably, Bo whined about seeding.

mufan2003
03-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Best thing about American was the guy with the one-handed free throw.

IWB
03-20-2014, 01:46 PM
It just ruins the atmosphere for all of the other schools. Instead of "We played in Milwaukee in the NCAA tourney" it becomes "We played at Wisconsin".

Not that I expect to see a lot of Oregon fans because of the distance, but the Oregon section looks like this....

Front row: 15 Oregon fans
15 Oregon fans
12 empty seats, 3 Oregon fans (empty because UW fans left)
2 Oregon fans, 7 UW fans, 4 Oregon fans
10 UW fans, four Oregon fans
10 UW fans, four Oregon fans
13 UW fans
13 UW fans
13 UW fans
4 Oregon fans, 9 UW fans
4 Oregon fans, 9 UW fans
13 Oregon fans
13 Oregon fans
13 Oregon fans

It just isn't right.

Litehouse
03-20-2014, 01:58 PM
When MU played MSU in Winston-Salem in 2007, the UNC fans completely dominated the place, and the loudest cheer of the night was when the scoreboard showed that Duke lost to VCU.

MayorBeluga
03-20-2014, 02:00 PM
Back when they used to have the sub regionals actually be geographic, only the 1 seed got the home court. Now the (corrupt money grubbing) NCAA is finding out they can't guarantee sellouts. Like the nfl they are finding sitting at home can be better and cheaper. I know this is the last time I'm buying tickets in Milwaukee. I'm finding out that it's not the same and is rather be watching multiple games.

Question for those at home: are there beer commercials during games? Does the NCAA take that money whole refusing to sell beer at venues ?

Gato78
03-20-2014, 02:04 PM
Oregon's cheerleaders are spectacular.

Gato78
03-20-2014, 02:06 PM
Unusual that Badger fans cheered loudly when Dayton-Ohio State final was announced. Must not care about the Big Tenleventwelve.

Halo
03-20-2014, 02:11 PM
Mike Hunt sporting red today. Odd. Actually, not really.

MayorBeluga
03-20-2014, 02:12 PM
Oregon cheerleaders. That is all.

CaribouJim
03-20-2014, 02:27 PM
Question for those at home: are there beer commercials during games? Does the NCAA take that money whole refusing to sell beer at venues ?

Seemingly every ad is AT&T.

CaribouJim
03-20-2014, 02:32 PM
Oregon's cheerleaders are spectacular.

If this is any indication, they are downright sassy in addition to spectacular!!!!

http://thebrigade.thechive.com/2011/11/01/oregon-cheerleads-make-me-say-just-do-it-51-photos/

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-20-2014, 02:36 PM
Oh my... I think I just became a Ducks fan

sailwi
03-20-2014, 03:08 PM
A lot of Bud Light ads at least on the PC viewing. I decided last time MU hosted 2nd round that I wasn't buying tickets again, better to be at home flipping back and forth or at a tavern with some refreshments. I remember years ago when MU hosted at the arena and we made the sad discovery of no beer, fortunately the MU tip off club was located in the tunnel between the arena and the auditorium and you could buy beer there since it wasn't technically in the arena but you had to drink it there, missed at least the second half of whatever game I was at. Must have been about 1981.

MU/Panther
03-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Another thing the BC needs to improve. Cell signal. It sucks in this building
I couldn't get my phone to work.

MU/Panther
03-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Oregon cheerleaders. That is all.Everyone wanted their picture taken with the Duck. I've never been jealous of a duck before.

BLT
03-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Everyone wanted their picture taken with the Duck. I've never been jealous of a duck before.

Howard the Duck has been vindicated.

TulsaWarrior
03-20-2014, 06:02 PM
As a Marquette fan living in Eugene the Ducks have become a secondary team for me. My neighbors dad was a former captain of the Ducks basketball team when they were know as the Webfeet. I kid you not. The neighbors are suspicious of me because I come from Wisconsin so I sent them this note.

"A couple of things to know about me -- I grew up a Marquette Basketball fan and pretty much always detested the Wisconsin Badger Basketball team. I do like the Wisconsin Football team. Marquette dropped football in the early 1960s.

Elgin Cook is a Milwaukee kid like me. He went to Hamilton High School and back in high school I dated a girl from Hamilton. It didn't workout and I don't know where she is now.

On Saturday I will be 100% behind the Ducks and against the Evil Badgers.

Yours in Duckdom, Loren

Nukem2
03-20-2014, 07:11 PM
As a Marquette fan living in Eugene the Ducks have become a secondary team for me. My neighbors dad was a former captain of the Ducks basketball team when they were know as the Webfeet. I kid you not. The neighbors are suspicious of me because I come from Wisconsin so I sent them this note.

"A couple of things to know about me -- I grew up a Marquette Basketball fan and pretty much always detested the Wisconsin Badger Basketball team. I do like the Wisconsin Football team. Marquette dropped football in the early 1960s.

Elgin Cook is a Milwaukee kid like me. He went to Hamilton High School and back in high school I dated a girl from Hamilton. It didn't workout and I don't know where she is now.

On Saturday I will be 100% behind the Ducks and against the Evil Badgers.

Yours in Duckdom, Loren
Hope all is, well, ducky..... :)

MayorBeluga
03-20-2014, 07:17 PM
Hope all is, well, ducky..... :)

That's just fowl.

MayorBeluga
03-20-2014, 08:35 PM
ASU cheerleaders. Wow. Add in Texas cheerleaders in chaps. Double wow. Giggidy.

ziggysfryboy
03-20-2014, 08:39 PM
That's just fowl.

You guys are quacking me up.

unclejohn
03-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Are they wearing anything besides chaps?

IWB
03-20-2014, 08:48 PM
ASU cheerleaders on court now. I like the short maroon skirts with the yellow undies underneath. Really lets you know when you are catching a glimpse.

IWB
03-20-2014, 08:58 PM
The Chaps are piping hot.

Former Michigan star Terry Mills sitting in front of me. Must have been to a buffet. Check that, must have been to every buffet in the Midwest - looks like he played offensive tackle for the Wolverines.

Halo
03-20-2014, 08:58 PM
Potrykus doing a dance with Bo after the UW game?

IWB
03-20-2014, 09:02 PM
Two former MU big man recruits looking good for Texas. 6'9 Cameron Ridley and 6'10 Prince Ibeh are both sophs. Would take either one.

beerhere6
03-21-2014, 08:41 AM
I was amazed at the number of people I had regularly seen at MU games or establishments before/after MU games wearing UW gear. I just don't understand that.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-21-2014, 08:59 AM
I was amazed at the number of people I had regularly seen at MU games or establishments before/after MU games wearing UW gear. I just don't understand that.

Some people just cheer for the local school. I think what it really says is that they aren't as big of Marquette fans as they lead you to believe on game day. Not everyone is as die-hard as people here. I'd guess most of them aren't MU grads.

Goose85
03-21-2014, 09:04 AM
When both MU and UW were playing in Minneapolis on the same day (UW lost to Kentucky, MU beat Pitt) there were many fans with red sweatshirts on who after the badger game took their shirts off and had MU shirts on underneath.

Brew is right, probably more people that follow both teams than the number of people that have developed a hatred for the other by reading the message boards.

Nukem2
03-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Some people just cheer for the local school. I think what it really says is that they aren't as big of Marquette fans as they lead you to believe on game day. Not everyone is as die-hard as people here. I'd guess most of them aren't MU grads.
I know of quite a number of MU season ticket holders who are Badger alums. You see them at the games in blue and/or gold. Bring on the Badger game at the BC, out comes the custom red Bucky stuff.

MU/Panther
03-21-2014, 11:54 AM
I'm not a MU grad. I was at the BC for the Badgers game. I didn't wear Badger gear and I didn't cheer for them.

MU/Panther
03-21-2014, 11:58 AM
Potrykus doing a dance with Bo after the UW game?
I hope Tom Oates was in the community college locker room.