PDA

View Full Version : OT: would love your help

goldeneagle91114
03-19-2014, 06:23 PM
Long time reader, very first post but... I have a HUGE favor to ask.

Back in August I got engaged to my girlfriend of 8 years. One of my best friends tweeted Buzz that night and asked him if he had any words of advice. To our surprise, Buzz/Corey responded and said we should pray out lout daily.

Fast forward to the present, my fiancé and I know we are going to need a sponsor couple for our marriage preparation classes that need to be completed in order to get married in the Catholic Church. Yesterday I tweeted TeamCoachBuzz and asked if they were interested. I think Buzz and Corey would be a great sponsor couple for a lot of reasons, but the biggest is that fact that they are both willing to talk about God and Faith in the media when it seems to be a bit of a taboo subject in this day and age.

Finally, the favor… I would greatly appreciate if any of you who are active on twitter would locate my tweet (my twitter handle/name is @zachquick) and either “favorite” the tweet or even re-tweet it.

I know this is a .1% chance this is actually going to happen, but I thought I would try it anyway.

Thanks for your help!

MayorBeluga
03-19-2014, 06:29 PM
First off, congrats.

JohnnyRev can confirm, but I believe you need to be Catholic to be the sponsor, and Buzz is not.

So the biggest question for the wedding: what tartan will your like be?

goldeneagle91114
03-19-2014, 06:35 PM
First off, congrats.

JohnnyRev can confirm, but I believe you need to be Catholic to be the sponsor, and Buzz is not.

So the biggest question for the wedding: what tartan will your like be?

Well shoot. He gave me great advice, I wish I could pick his brain for more. But what can you do :)

unclejohn
03-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Lots of faithful people out there. Many are pretty low profile. You might take a look at the folks who attend daily Mass at your parish. Those are people who take faith seriously and would probably want to share it. Of course, there are many other people you can look to for sponsorship, and certainly many more beyond that you can look to for advice.