PDA

View Full Version : Hard to imagine it has been 11 years.....

Markedman
03-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Where does the time go? Travis tweeted this out earlier today.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g92T3vCzcv0

CaribouJim
03-19-2014, 06:14 PM
...and just as I recalled, no DWade!!!

TulsaWarrior
03-19-2014, 06:43 PM
It's easy for me to keep track -- my youngest was born eleven years ago. We came close to naming him Wade but my wife insisted on naming him after her father. She allowed me to use my father's last name.

Gato78
03-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Fatal flaw not having DWade with the triple double.

CaribouJim
03-19-2014, 07:17 PM
Fatal flaw not having DWade with the triple double.

Every time I see highlights of that triple double I think of Pat Riley watching that game while in the middle of a workout and thinking to himself, "wow, that Wade is good". The rest is history.

Markedman
03-19-2014, 07:21 PM
I thought I remembered Townsend being in it running down the court like an airplane? Guess not......

How could Wade not be in it? I mean he had a friggin triple double against the #1 overall seed!

IrwinFletcher
03-19-2014, 07:22 PM
I think there were more shots of Kentucky in there than Marquette.

Loved the Chapman clip. I am sure he got razzed for that.

IWB
03-19-2014, 07:59 PM
My thoughts are similar Tulsa - My son was born that January.

Then I went to the Conference Tourney in Louisville. When MU lost, people asked me if I was going to Indianapolis. I said no, I have a newborn at home.
Then my wife said, "You have got to go", so I went to Indianapolis. When MU won people asked if I was going to Minneapolis. I said no, I have a newborn at home.
Then my wife said, "You have got to go", so I went to Minneapolis. When MU won people asked if I was going to new Orleans. I said no, I have a newborn at home.
Then my wife said, "You have got to go", so I went to New Orleans.

When it was over, Mrs. Gato78 stopped by to see the baby. She said she had some relatives in town, so I went down to meet up with them. Mrs. Gato said, "I'm glad I stopped by, I hadn't seen the baby yet." I replied, "Neither had I."....... I was the only one laughing.

Gato78
03-19-2014, 08:43 PM
Note: IWB did do a private jet to Minneapolis for one of the games.

IWB
03-19-2014, 08:46 PM
Yes, that was great, but had its drawbacks

pbiflyer
03-19-2014, 08:59 PM
It's easy for me to keep track -- my youngest was born eleven years ago. We came close to naming him Wade but my wife insisted on naming him after her father. She allowed me to use my father's last name.

He should meet my son..............Travis. :)

Mark Miller
03-19-2014, 09:19 PM
We had just gotten back from China with the adoption of our second daughter. Remember being in China and checking the Internet for updates of the Louisville game (the one we lost, thanks for nothing Reece Gaines) and the Wake Forest game (we won).

Great memories. Today is the 12th birthday of our second daughter. She is not named Wade. LOL