PDA

View Full Version : Paint Touches on Derrick Wilson

kneelb4zerg
03-18-2014, 03:34 PM
http://painttouches.com/2014/03/18/why-derrick-wilson-is-not-to-blame-for-the-mu-offense/

But to heap the blame on him for a 17-15 record (and we didn’t even mention his team-best defensive Synergy numbers) is short-minded because of his points and field goal percentage. No one expected Wilson to score more points than he wound up, and his passing was a definite plus for an offense that sputtered more often than not.

Heh. Hope bleed finds his way to reading this.

Nukem2
03-18-2014, 03:44 PM
Derrick does have limitations. Big thing was who he was on the floor with. He was ineffective with Chris, Juan andJake on the floor with him. Defensively, he was not terrible but he was far less effective under the new rules.

MU88
03-18-2014, 03:56 PM
This debate is endless. Some guys see a good guy, who plays hard and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Others see a guy with no offensive skills, who is ultra-conservative on offense and overrated on defense. To me, he was probably MU's best option at point at the end of the year. But, that isn't saying much. He was probably the 2nd worst starting point in the BE (Jaren Sina is just brutal at Seton Hall) and the position needs a significant upgrade next season (either by DW or someone else) for MU to get to the NCAAs.

Markedman
03-18-2014, 03:58 PM
I don't think any of us want to revisit the Derrick discussions at this point.........The positions are very well known and both sides have points......

I think we can all agree that we hope the point guard play is better next year but no matter if it is Derrick or somebody else they will need lots of help for this team to turn things around.....

It has been a long time since we had this many question marks going into a new season.

Nukem2
03-18-2014, 04:00 PM
This debate is endless. Some guys see a good guy, who plays hard and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Others see a guy with no offensive skills, who is ultra-conservative on offense and overrated on defense. To me, he was probably MU's best option at point at the end of the year. But, that isn't saying much. He was probably the 2nd worst starting point in the BE (Jaren Sina is just brutal at Seton Hall) and the position needs a significant upgrade next season (either by DW or someone else) for MU to get to the NCAAs.
SHU's PG is Sterling Gibbs. Sina is a backup.

MU88
03-18-2014, 04:27 PM
SHU's PG is Sterling Gibbs. Sina is a backup.

I checked gametracker and he started in NY along with Auda, Teague, Oliver and Edwin. Sina is just brutal, but he is only a freshman.

Nukem2
03-18-2014, 04:59 PM
I checked gametracker and he started in NY along with Auda, Teague, Oliver and Edwin. Sina is just brutal, but he is only a freshman.
Gibbs was the starter most of the year.