PDA

View Full Version : Badger Fans Piling on

Halo
03-14-2014, 01:42 PM
Going to be a long month as they goto the Final Four and off-season.

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/71049/Could-MU-Miss-the-Postseason-Warning-NonUW-Content#.UyNM3EJdUQQ

TheSultan
03-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Not to disappoint them, but every single NIT bracketology that I have seen has MU solidly in the NIT.

IWB
03-14-2014, 01:52 PM
And I don't think Wisconsin gets to the Final Four without preferred matchups.

Funny that in the thread Butch mentions MU beating bad teams in the NCAA. What, as opposed to UW who loses to bad teams in the NCAA?

Markedman
03-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Yeah Davidson in the first round last year was a bad team....right....Butler? Miami won both the ACC regular season and tournament championships.

Year before BYU in the first round...as I recall most people thought they were underseeded and then Murray State which had 1 loss all year before playing us......and we played them in Kentucky.

Meanwhile they were losing by 15 to Marshall Henderson......

Those guys are just clowns........

Nukem2
03-14-2014, 02:26 PM
Yeah Davidson in the first round last year was a bad team....right....Butler? Miami won both the ACC regular season and tournament championships.

Year before BYU in the first round...as I recall most people thought they were underseeded and then Murray State which had 1 loss all year before playing us......and we played them in Kentucky.

Meanwhile they were losing by 15 to Marshall Henderson......

Those guys are just clowns........BYU was under seeded as it was moved down a line or two due to the religious stuff about when the can't play.

MU/Panther
03-14-2014, 02:29 PM
I don't worry about what UW message board fans have to say. Pressure is on their program to get Bo to a Final Four.

IrwinFletcher
03-14-2014, 02:35 PM
I think the problems we have had this year have exacerbated by the success of the Badgers and that has led to much of the vitriol we have seen on other boards.

I too can get worked up over the Badgers as well and I found that the easy way to avoid those feelings is to simply stay off their board. I will do my best not to click on the link above and keep my sanity.

MU/Panther
03-14-2014, 02:37 PM
Butler was in the strong A-10 last year, that had 5 bids. Butler beat #1 Indiana and crushed UNC in Maui.

MU/Panther
03-14-2014, 02:39 PM
I think the problems we have had this year have exacerbated by the success of the Badgers and that has led to much of the vitriol we have seen on other boards.

I too can get worked up over the Badgers as well and I found that the easy way to avoid those feelings is to simply stay off their board. I will do my best not to click on the link above and keep my sanity.
Smart thinking. I have to do that when MU loses on the MU boards.

IWB
03-14-2014, 03:04 PM
I too don't like to look at MU boards after a loss, but when it comes to the Badger fans it is almost hilarious. Guys like Butch never post anything that is remotely basketball related without taking shots at MU. Look at his posts and it is clear he knows nothing about hoops, he just likes to take shots at MU, yet he is the one terrified of MU fans coming to his house.

Tip of the day: If you are worried about another fan base doing harm to you, then it is obvious that you are the one that is doing something wrong!

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-14-2014, 03:26 PM
Badger fans have to pile on us, after next weekend they won't have anything basketball-related to talk about either.

MU_Iceman
03-14-2014, 03:58 PM
Badger fans have to pile on us, after next weekend they won't have anything basketball-related to talk about either.

This. And I will LOVE reading their boards when they don't even get to the Sweet 16 this year as a 2 seed. Would LOVE to see them match up with a team like UCONN as a #7 seed in the 2nd round. Shabazz would have a field day with their poor pick and roll defense.

GOMU1104
03-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Isn't Bo the one that struggles to beat higher seeds?

mufansince72
03-14-2014, 06:33 PM
I too don't like to look at MU boards after a loss, but when it comes to the Badger fans it is almost hilarious. Guys like Butch never post anything that is remotely basketball related without taking shots at MU. Look at his posts and it is clear he knows nothing about hoops, he just likes to take shots at MU, yet he is the one terrified of MU fans coming to his house.

Tip of the day: If you are worried about another fan base doing harm to you, then it is obvious that you are the one that is doing something wrong!

I was banned about 6 months ago from Buckyville for calling out Butch. Said something like, "Butch Gephardt from Mequon doesn't have a clue" :cool:

unclejohn
03-14-2014, 07:28 PM
I was kind of surprised that it was not as vicious as I expected. Most of the worst ones are the regular wackos. Fran is still mad that we wouldn't give the wanna-bes across town a home game, so he'll trash Marquette no matter what. Best ignored. Remember when you argue with a fool, he does the same.

DowntownSweeney
03-14-2014, 08:27 PM
Good one UJ. Isn't bitchbadger the same one that whined when id'd on another board?

DowntownSweeney
03-14-2014, 08:45 PM
Missed 72's post. I guess we all know who the pos is. Good job 72

IWB
03-14-2014, 10:53 PM
Thing is, they all talk about how MU is a stepping stone, yet they have no idea how close Bo came to leaving for Arizona a few years back.

warriorfan4life
03-14-2014, 11:13 PM
Thing is, they all talk about how MU is a stepping stone, yet they have no idea how close Bo came to leaving for Arizona a few years back.

Didn't Bo at least strongly entertain Temple when John Chaney retired?

kneelb4zerg
03-14-2014, 11:22 PM
Didn't Bo at least strongly entertain Temple when John Chaney retired?

Bo is a Philly guy right...?

warriorfan4life
03-14-2014, 11:23 PM
Bo is a Philly guy right...?

Yes he is.

IWB
03-14-2014, 11:49 PM
Don't know about Temple, but I do know the Arizona story.

TedBaxter
03-15-2014, 08:28 AM
Jackie Chiles could be giving me a call anyday.

It's so ridiculous it's sad.

DowntownSweeney
03-15-2014, 08:49 AM
A major benefit in Ryan's case is that pension we in Wisconsin contribute to. Remember he has been a state employee since 19 friggin 76 when he arrived with cofield.

Markedman
03-15-2014, 11:58 AM
So in the last 25 years MU has had 4 coaches....KO used the job as a stepping stone(later said it was a mistake).....Deane was here 5 years and got fired.....Crean was here 9 years turned down numerous jobs in that time and eventually left for 1 of the 5 or 6 best jobs in the country.....Buzz has now been here 6 years and counting.....has turned down numerous jobs including some in the Big 10.....

That is the definition of a stepping stone job? Seriously?

MUMac
03-15-2014, 12:21 PM
So in the last 25 years MU has had 4 coaches....KO used the job as a stepping stone(later said it was a mistake).....Deane was here 5 years and got fired.....Crean was here 9 years turned down numerous jobs in that time and eventually left for 1 of the 5 or 6 best jobs in the country.....Buzz has now been here 6 years and counting.....has turned down numerous jobs including some in the Big 10.....

That is the definition of a stepping stone job? Seriously?

In that same period of time, UW had 6 coaches. Yoder, Jackson, Van Gundy, Bennett, Soderberg and Ryan. Jackson definitely used it as a stepping stone.

GOMU1104
03-15-2014, 12:35 PM
The job is what the coach makes it. Bo made UW a destination job...for him.

Who is to say the next coach wont use it for something bigger?

Markedman
03-16-2014, 05:43 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/16/ex-nfl-player-john-moffitt-arrested-on-drug-battery-charges/

IrwinFletcher
03-16-2014, 05:53 PM
Can we assume Moffit is a UW grad?

MUMac
03-16-2014, 06:09 PM
Can we assume Moffit is a UW grad?

You don't have to assume, he is.