PDA

View Full Version : OT: Wiggins and Parker

mufan2003
03-13-2014, 04:10 PM
With less than a minute left in Quarterfinal of Big 12 Tourney. Andrew Wiggins has 30 points against Oklahoma State. This after scoring 41 @ West Virginia in the previous game. Jabari Parker's 30 and 11 performance against North Carolina last Saturday. Bucks need a break, need to be able to get 1 of these 2 guys with Embiid's potential back problems.

ValiantSailor
03-13-2014, 04:15 PM
Beating the odds, the Lakers win the lottery's top pick. You heard it here first!

VS

mufan2003
03-13-2014, 04:17 PM
Beating the odds, the Lakers win the lottery's top pick. You heard it here first!

VS

Lakers #1 and Knicks #2 :)

WindyCityGoldenEagle
03-13-2014, 08:00 PM
Seems as though they're starting to take the reigns off Wiggins a bit or he's at least becoming more assertive. Kid is by far the most athletically gifted kid in the draft with the highest upside of anyone. Parker is the sure thing. Not sure who I would take - probably wimp out and take Parker.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-13-2014, 09:50 PM
Parker just screams Big Dog to me. Will get his, but not there defensively. Absolutely moronic that the media gave Parker 4 votes for ACC defensive player of the year.

AbovetheRim
03-13-2014, 10:15 PM
Parker just screams Big Dog to me. Will get his, but not there defensively. Absolutely moronic that the media gave Parker 4 votes for ACC defensive player of the year.

Considerably more athletic upside than Big Dog. People forget he's a freshman. Not great lateral movement, but he will improve.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-13-2014, 10:37 PM
Considerably more athletic upside than Big Dog. People forget he's a freshman. Not great lateral movement, but he will improve.

Not so much the same player, but more that he will get his but give up almost as much. Maybe it has something to do with Simeon. Taylor is still struggling to understand his role on defense, possibly the same for Parker?

Goose85
03-14-2014, 09:46 AM
I like Parker first, Wiggins second (but admit I haven't seen Wiggins last few games). For sure I'd take both over Embiid.
Bucks need one of the first two.

While the NBA would love to see LA or NY get the first pick, that wold sure look like the league fixed it, even though it is a lottery.
The worst team rarely gets the first pick anyway.

mufan2003
03-14-2014, 02:13 PM
After Parker, Wiggins, Embiid and Exum....I wonder if McDermott is pushing to replace Randle or Smart as the 5th best prospect? Randle has been average this year. I suppose part of it depends on a team's roster and needs.

Nukem2
03-14-2014, 02:16 PM
After Parker, Wiggins, Embodied and Exam....I wonder if McDermott is pushing to replace Ramble or Smart as the 5th best prospect? Randle has been average this year. I suppose part of it depends on a team's roster and needs.
Every time I've seen Smart, he has looked very ordinary. Good defense on Wiggins yesterday, but no offense.

IWB
03-14-2014, 02:31 PM
How do you guys think McDermott compares to Wally Szczerbiak?

Nukem2
03-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Coming out of college, McBuckets is better. Also taller and a better rebounder.

IWB
03-14-2014, 03:05 PM
But the real question, is Polo better than both?

WindyCityGoldenEagle
03-14-2014, 04:19 PM

This debate went on between Score 670 hosts Terry Boers and Dan Bernstein. At first thought, one would think McD will be considerably better than Wally. Sure Wally was solid in college but just had an ok NBA career. However, when they broke into the numbers Wally actually had a pretty damn good NBA career (I had no idea as I thought he was just an average joe). Bottom line is I think Mcd ends up with similar career numbers to Wally: 14pts a game, maybe scratching 20 in one or two years like Wally, and in the league for 10-12 years.