PDA

View Full Version : Big East Tourney - UConn 2011

Goose85
03-11-2014, 04:15 PM
An incredible run in the best conference in college basketball.
UConn was 9-9 in conference in 2010-11. They won 5 games in the Big East tourney against 4 ranked teams to get to the Big Dance, and rode it all the way to an NCAA championship.

Ok, I'm not expecting an NCAA title run.
Like UConn we are 9-9 in conference.
Unlike UConn, we only need 3 wins and would face, at most, 2 ranked teams to get to the big dance.

MU needs a 2014 version of Kemba Walker. Hopefull Mayo or JWilson can channel a little Kemba this week.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-11-2014, 04:32 PM
That UConn team made me a ton of money. Was the only person in the NCAA pool at the bar I like to frequent that had UConn winning the title. Between the Huskies run and both Butler and VCU torpedoing everyone else's brackets, I had my winnings locked up as soon as the Elite 8 was over.

Markedman
03-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Kemba Walker isn't walking through that door.........

CaribouJim
03-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Weren't MU and UCONN the only BE teams to reach the Sweet 16 that year and both were 9-9 or am I mixing years up?

03-12-2014, 11:05 AM
You're right, CJ. That was a bad year for the Big East. UConn salvaged things a bit, but that was a disastrous year for an 11-bid league.

MUfan12
03-12-2014, 11:16 AM
You're right, CJ. That was a bad year for the Big East. UConn salvaged things a bit, but that was a disastrous year for an 11-bid league.

Aided by the NCAA having MU-Cuse and UConn-Cincy play each other in the second round.

warriorfan4life
03-12-2014, 11:25 AM
Aided by the NCAA having MU-Cuse and UConn-Cincy play each other in the second round.

Definitely this. Cincy was playing great ball heading into the tourney, and I think that they go a round or two farther if not for being stuck against UConn in that game.

I was the direct opposite of brew, as I had Bucknell knocking off UConn in the first round as my big upset. I thought the 5 games in New York would leave them gassed, and had memories of Georgetown losing to Ohio in the first round the previous year after going 4 in 4 days.

03-12-2014, 03:04 PM
Those second round matchups didn't help, but 1-seed Pitt, 2-seed Notre Dame, and 4-seed Louisville all folded tents the first weekend too. Just a bad weekend for the Big East.