PDA

View Full Version : Projected NCAA Bracket

warriorfan4life
03-09-2014, 11:26 PM
This is what I think the field would look like if it was chosen tonight:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiWa5F9jwZSidHZTdGJneGVIM19objFnUjBuWWVLN FE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

My two major explanations for anything that may feel like it's going against the grain is that the committee tries to keep a fairly even spread between conference getting bids if possible and that at least one mid-major will get a spot in the at-large bids.

I think one of Colorado, Cal, or Stanford will be out (have Stanford for now) as I do not see the Pac 12 getting seven bids. Cal and Colorado will likely play each other in the quarters, with Stanford likely facing Arizona State. If Stanford wins that game, they likely leapfrog the loser of Cal-Colorado into the field.

I would be floored if the A-10 gets 6 bids, and think that either Dayton or St. Joe's have to make a conference tourney run to get a fifth spot for the conference. They actually will play each other in the quarters of the A-10 tourney (assuming that Dayton beats George Mason or Fordham), and I believe that the winner of that game will then need to beat St. Louis for the league to get a fifth team.

The St. John's-Providence game in the Big East Tourney actually works a play-in game of sorts, as the winner has a great case to the fourth Big East team and the loser is in mucho trouble. Xavier should be safely in, but a loss to us Thursday brings in the real potential of a trip to Dayton.

I have stated this before, but I basically expect Green Bay to get into one of the at-large play-in games, as there has been at least one mid-major in those games all three years so far and Green Bay will get that spot over Belmont. They may not have one of the 36 best at-large resumes, but neither did VCU in 2011, Iona in 2012, or even Middle Tennessee State last year (though I thought that Middle was good enough to get an at-large).

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-10-2014, 12:30 AM
MTSU had a good enough resume, in my opinion as well. The problem for the Phoenix is RPI. 60 is a really low number for an at-large. Is Sykes injured? If so that could kill any remote hopes.

TheSultan
03-10-2014, 08:15 AM
Sykes rolled his ankle v. UWM.