PDA

View Full Version : Senior day

dubs98
03-08-2014, 05:04 PM
For any of us out of towners who couldn't make the game can anyone give a recap of the senior day appreciation post game? Despite the loss I hope they still got a great applause. Thanks in advance

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-08-2014, 05:17 PM
I would guess only 15-20% of the crowd stayed. That's probably generous. It started with Buzz introducting two of the team managers and Dylan Flood, who is getting his degree this year. Buzz said that those three work twice as hard as the guys on the court, but they don't get recognition because they don't score points or get rebounds. They spoke about how much they owed Buzz, the staff, Ernest Eugene (he got a ton of props tonight), and other behind the scenes people. Flood mentioned that his parents came to almost every game, even though he never expected to play, but they were there when he scored 2 points.

After that there was a highlight video for the seniors, intermixed with them doing some funny outtakes from the BC scoreboard stuff. Some of the highlights were Davante and Jake's huge play against Syracuse last year, Chris and Jamil throwing down a ton of dunks and blocks, and clearly a lot of wins. Everyone up there credited the fans and thanked the people that were still there for staying. Jake talked about all the support he got and how amazing it was growing up 30 minutes away, saying he never dreamed he would ever pull on this jersey and just how special it was every time he got to play for Marquette. Jamil followed that, mentioned he was getting his degree in May and gave credit to the tutors. Gave a lot of credit to his parents for supporting him through what has been a really tough year, and finished it by saying today was his mother's birthday, which was clearly really emotional. I can't imagine how hard losing today was for him. Davante talked about his studies, credited the tutors that he is graduating in May, and said he knew he could be really difficult, especially when he got injured his sophomore year and gave a lot of attitude to Ernest Eugene. His mom was with him and clearly very proud. Chris finished up, said that he got to know Eugene and Todd Smith really well during all his rehabs and how thankful he was for all the time he spent here. Buzz summed things up at the end, thanking the fans again, and it was clear that today's loss hurt him as well. Kept it fairly short.

One thing I'll say...those guys were crushed by today's loss. Buzz and all the seniors. I really hope it serves as motivation in NYC, but regardless, it's obvious just how much they care about what they are doing. One more reason I can't brook anyone talking crap about these guys today. They left everything on the floor, and watching them after the game, it wasn't just physical, but emotional.

TheSultan
03-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Jake and Chris already have their degrees. Jamil and Davante will get theirs.

That's pretty cool.

mufansince72
03-08-2014, 05:52 PM

That's pretty cool.

That is great

MayorBeluga
03-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Always like the event but MU needs to copy other schools. Just introduce seniors pregame. Post game events are painful after tough losses.

Nukem2
03-08-2014, 06:57 PM

That's pretty cool.As well as walk-on Dylan Flood (in three years!).

ValiantSailor
03-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Gomarquette.com has an 11-minute video of the players' speeches.

VS

ziggysfryboy
03-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Plus chris and SHEESH stuck around for autographs and ohots with a bunch of kids on the way to the locker room, probably the last thing in the world they wanted to be doing. ( we left before jamil and jake left the court)

dubs98
03-08-2014, 07:55 PM
fantastic recap brew. Also thanks for the info VS. will be checking that out soon. Again, I am proud to say these guys represented my university. They did it quite admirably.

BLT
03-08-2014, 09:17 PM
Gomarquette.com has an 11-minute video of the players' speeches.

VS

http://www.gomarquette.com/allaccess/?media=439469

94Warrior
03-08-2014, 10:01 PM
The video on youtube works much better than gomarquette. Search Marquette Senior Day 2014, you'll find it.

pbiflyer
03-08-2014, 10:43 PM
fantastic recap brew. Also thanks for the info VS. will be checking that out soon. Again, I am proud to say these guys represented my university. They did it quite admirably.

Nicely said!