PDA

View Full Version : Things could be worse…..

Markedman
03-07-2014, 11:22 AM
We could be Depaul Fans……..
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-depaul-basketball-spt-0307-20140307,0,2703007.story

Gato78
03-07-2014, 11:26 AM
1. They will continue to be bottom dwellers.
2. When will the truth about the Cleveland Melvin situation come out?

MUBasketball
03-07-2014, 12:44 PM
It's been said multiple times, but how in the hell does that smurf Ponsetto still have a job?

IWB
03-07-2014, 12:55 PM
Things could be getting rougher for her. Here is a recent article by the student newspaper where the interview a former mascot and former cheerleader. I know people will say "it's just a cheerleader", or "just a mascot", but the following is exactly what I have been saying for years.....

“Being DIBS was the best experience I had at DePaul,” Chace said. “The university was very welcome to me being DIBS and I can honestly say they enjoyed my presence. It was working with the athletic department and working with (athletic director) Jean (Lenti- Ponsetto)—that’s where my aggravations certainly arose multiple times.”

Chace said that while the experience of being DIBS was memorable, the treatment he received and the disorganization of the department made his and everyone else’s performance suffer.

“Instead of hiring experienced managers that could really position DePaul to compete with the popular professional sports in the area, she hires family and friends that are sadly incompetent,” he said. “I would like to think that while I worked there, all my colleagues and managers performed at their highest level. But the bureaucracy in place under Jean really held all of us from our maximum potential.”

Chace felt it would be improper to name names, but he said that while he was working he could point to multiple people who had jobs due to their affiliation with Ponsetto: a nephew, a college roommate, and brothers. Peache also confirmed that it is common knowledge around the department that several people working there would likely be considered underqualified if they applied at other Division I athletic programs.

Dropping the Ball (http://www.depauliaonline.com/sports/dropping-the-ball-former-dibs-mascot-cheerleader-discuss-experiences-within-depaul-athletic-dept-1.3147050?pagereq=1#.UxoVZYUVSxU)

TheSultan
03-07-2014, 04:03 PM
While I am sure some of this is true, it is hard for me to put a lot of stock in what a couple former mascots in their mid-20s say about the inner workings of the athletic department.

IWB
03-07-2014, 05:23 PM
I have other stories that will back it up.