PDA

View Full Version : BrewCityBall Radio's Inside The AL TONIGHT!!

IWB
03-05-2014, 05:45 PM
We will be live at 7:00 talking about the loss to Providence and taking your calls. We will be joined by MU recruit Ahmed Hill.

LINK (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/brewcityball/2014/03/06/inside-the-al-3514)

IWB
03-05-2014, 07:02 PM
We are on live and we are taking your calls....

(323) 927-1426

IWB
03-05-2014, 07:02 PM
We are on live and we are taking your calls....

(323) 927-1426

Gato78
03-05-2014, 07:37 PM
Ahmed Hill is next.

IWB
03-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Ahmed Hill was great. Solid callers and great stuff from Tulsa in the chat. Thanks everyone!

Funny, no negative calls and we were expecting many.

AlexJesswein
03-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Ahmed Hill was great. Solid callers and great stuff from Tulsa in the chat. Thanks everyone!

Funny, no negative calls and we were expecting many.

Because the frustration is temporary. Most here are reasonable people...

TulsaWarrior
03-06-2014, 09:15 AM
IWB you are developing an audience and because of the thoughtful insights you have that's the kind of callers and listeners you're getting. That's what I found when I was doing call in talk -- what you offer the public is reflected in the audience you develop. Radio shows and discussion boards where the moderators throw verbal fire bombs and allow others to do the same create a toxic environment whether it is dealing with sports issues or news. Disagreeing is OK and you want that but the garbage speculation and name calling I see in other sports and news forms should insult any thinking person.

BLT
03-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Another great show. Hill is a humble kid and I enjoyed his Buzz and Chew recruiting stories. Praying in their living room with his mom. Looking for father figure. Not a basketball related recruitment at all. A life recruitment.

When we critique the players on the floor today for the two hours we watch a week, we forget as a university, we hired a coach to make men.

ziggysfryboy
03-06-2014, 11:15 AM
IWB you are developing an audience and because of the thoughtful insights you have that's the kind of callers and listeners you're getting. That's what I found when I was doing call in talk -- what you offer the public is reflected in the audience you develop. Radio shows and discussion boards where the moderators throw verbal fire bombs and allow others to do the same create a toxic environment whether it is dealing with sports issues or news. Disagreeing is OK and you want that but the garbage speculation and name calling I see in other sports and news forms should insult any thinking person.

I think Tulsa is angling for the fill-in spot when IWB or Zach goes on vacation. :D

TulsaWarrior
03-06-2014, 12:28 PM
Consultant status emeritus ;-)

IWB
03-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Tulsa has had a great career in broadcasting and has been a very big help to us with his comments and suggestions.

We openly admit that we are new at this and will take all of the feedback we can get, but Tulsa has been a great resource for us!

CaribouJim
03-06-2014, 01:27 PM
Jim,

You know who I think would be a good "get" - Val Ackerman.

Probably wait till the dust settles on the b-ball season, but it would be interesting to hear the "the good, the bad and the ugly" after the first complete season - how has FS1 been as a partner thus far, is a BE Channel in the offing down the road, attendance and/or marketing concerns for any of the BE teams, do they offer marketing and promotional support for any teams that appear to be floundering (cough...DePaul...cough), any plans to mimic the NYC double header where G-Town got some great mid-season pub for the BE with their win over MSU - maybe a Midwest version at the United Center here in Chicago, any leagues available for the BE to play like the ACC vs. Big 10, concersn about retaining the MSG for BE tourney, has she had a chance to visit each campus during game day, if not would she do that next year knowing that this year was kind of crazy - she's only been in place for what 7 months or so. I could see her meeting in the off season as well and have a visit to each school and have the President, AD and ALL the coaches beyond b-ball a chance to interact with her and talk about their individual challenges. Lots of other things to chat with her about.

I probably wouldn't do it live on your radio show, but maybe we all shoot you some questions, you pick the best, you conduct the one-on-one interview in person preferably, edit it, post a teaser with a big build up the day of the show and see how it goes.

Just a thought.

IWB
03-06-2014, 02:26 PM
Great idea Caribou.

Right now during the season we are focusing on games, which is why we have tried to get coaches for guests. So far we have had....

Coaches/Staff: Brad Autry, Isaac Chew, Jerry Wainwright, Jeff Reynolds and Lyle Wolf.

Recruits: Sandy Cohen, Marial Shayok, Nick Noskowiak and Ahmed Hill

Once we get to the off season we will be looking for different topics with an obvious focus on recruiting, but also things like this and Val Ackerman would be a great one to have on.

AlexJesswein
03-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Great idea Caribou.

Right now during the season we are focusing on games, which is why we have tried to get coaches for guests. So far we have had....

Coaches/Staff: Brad Autry, Isaac Chew, Jerry Wainwright, Jeff Reynolds and Lyle Wolf.

Recruits: Sandy Cohen, Marial Shayok, Nick Noskowiak and Ahmed Hill

Once we get to the off season we will be looking for different topics with an obvious focus on recruiting, but also things like this and Val Ackerman would be a great one to have on.

No love for Mark Miller?

TulsaWarrior
03-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Mark Miller has done more to publicize basketball in the state than any individual. He belongs in a hall of fame.

On the topic of future off season shows I'd love to here from former players about their years at Marquette.

Thank you Jim and Zach, for bringing this Internet radio aspect to the Marquette community.

CaribouJim
03-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Mark Miller has done more to publicize basketball in the state than any individual. He belongs in a hall of fame.

On the topic of future off season shows I'd love to here from former players about their years at Marquette.

Thank you Jim and Zach, for bringing this Internet radio aspect to the Marquette community.

I was able to listen last night for the first time, but unfortunately it was right when Jim and Zach were saying their goodbyes to Mark.

IWB
03-06-2014, 03:16 PM
No love for Mark Miller?

At this point, Mark has not been a "guest", but he has been a frequent caller. When we get into recruiting in the off season, Mark will certainly be a "featured guest".

As the post above said, no one has done more to help promote high school hoops in Wisconsin than Mark Miller. From the Wisconsin Basketball Yearbook, to the WBY Shootout, to the Boarder Battles, to the Showcases as well as all of the work he does on WisHoops. (yes, I know it is the Wisconsin Sports Network).

Just the other day I was reading one of the old newspaper/magazine publications he used to publish. Those were awesome, and I miss getting them. When Mark published the Wisconsin Basketball News I read more about the state's other players & programs outside of Milwaukee then I ever had or ever will.

JohnnyRev
03-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Should we save the Val Ackerman interview for TV rather than radio?

IWB
03-06-2014, 07:41 PM
So Johnny Rev, you are saying we need BCB TV now?

CaribouJim
03-06-2014, 08:10 PM
So Johnny Rev, you are saying we need BCB TV now?

Yes and in High Definition.

BLT
03-06-2014, 08:14 PM
"The Buzz Williams Show"

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-06-2014, 10:41 PM
IWB- Any plans to have Buzz on in the future? I understand that during the season that is tough, but maybe this off season?