PDA

View Full Version : ESPN 30 for 30: Requiem for the Big East

mufan2003
03-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Sunday, March 16 @ 8pm on ESPN. Selection Sunday. A documentary on the great battles in the Big East over the years. Looks interesting, but also looks like an attempt by ESPN to hint that the conference will never be the same. Clearly motivated by the fact FOX Sports now owns the rights to the Big East.

Just another reminder how important it is for Big East teams to do well in the tourney this year and better in non-conference the next couple years to reaffirm the strength of the conference.

warriorfan4life
03-05-2014, 03:39 PM
I hope Fox does a 30 for 30 one day, The Death of ESPN.

mufan2003
03-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Ha Ha. I will be rooting for Villanova to make a strong run. I like Jay Wright and the players on that team. They play together and have had some impressive wins (Kansas).

MUBasketball
03-05-2014, 04:51 PM
I definitely expect ESPN to minimize the current Big East.

In fact, on the Dan Patrick Show today, a caller asked him about his departure from ESPN. He went on to explain that he did it for the right reasons (had other opportunities, wanted to be home and actually see his kids). Then he said he was told by ESPN that they would do all they could to bury him - if any of their affiliates picked up his new radio show they were going to drop them, etc. Pretty interesting.