PDA

View Full Version : Serious Q--has this team improved since November?

AlexJesswein
03-03-2014, 06:42 AM
Interested to hear your thoughts.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-03-2014, 07:12 AM
I definitely think they have, they are playing much better as of late than they were earlier this year. The issue is that other teams were a little more talented to begin with and they also improved so Marquette stayed just a little bit worse than them. I think that's our big struggle this year, we aren't a bad team, but we have just enough deficiencies to not be good. That's why we get blown out by the Villanova/Creighton types because they are truly good teams, but depending on the night we can keep it close against the mid-level teams and pull out wins... Unfortunately this year we struggled in non-conference and it caught up to us... If we would have played like we have the last 10 games in our non conference I think we could have won 2-3 more games which would have changed this season dramatically...

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-03-2014, 07:15 AM
There's improvement, but not where we usually expect it. In the past, we've seen our best players get better and more consistent as the season went on. Vander Blue, Jae Crowder, DJO, Jimmy, these guys were all peaking at this time. Jamil, Davante, and Todd have been just as inconsistent of late as they were early on.

Now if you want to talk about Derrick and Jake, they've improved. Burton and Dawson too. But those aren't the guys that can put the team on their back and haul us to wins. At least not yet.

MUMac
03-03-2014, 08:02 AM
As a team, yes, they have improved. Virtually all teams have improved. MU has not improved as much as many of the others.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Also took too long. This team didn't really start playing together until this month. Usually we see that by the end of December. I suspect they'll really be ready to play as a team by the end of this month. Unfortunately, our season will probably be 2 weeks over by then.

Markedman
03-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Offensively yes……defensively no…….at least according to Pomeroy