PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Take It Any More

Phantom Warrior
03-03-2014, 12:15 AM
1. How many times this year have we seen Jamil fall for a pump fake and leave his feet, only to have the offensive player drive past him? The result is almost always points for the opponent, one way or another.

2. How many times have we seen Todd fall for a pump fake and leave his feet? He either fouls a three point shooter or, like Jamil, has the offensive player drive right past him?

3. How many times has Todd so far overplayed the passing lane that he gets beat by a back-door cut?

I'm talking about a fifth year senior and a junior who also had an added year of prep school. It is just mind-boggling to me how often what I describe above has happened this year.

Every time I see either of them leave his feet on a pump fake or get beat back door I want to scream. I'm guessing Buzz feels the same way.

Nukem2
03-03-2014, 09:39 AM
The problem goes to the root of the help defense. Overplaying the middle leaves at least one of the wings open. Ball is reversed and MU player flashes out to the wing to close out on the 3 point shooter. Teams are taking advantage of MU getting guys off their feet and then almost initiating contact or take the ball to the hoop. Todd and Jamil are not the only "guilty" ones.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-03-2014, 09:51 AM
The foul-on-a-three that Todd had in the first half drove me nuts. Bit on the fake, as soon as Todd went up, the guy (Hilliard?) stepped around and into him to get the easy trip to the line.

The NBA has changed the rule so that if you take a shot in such a manner that you jump into the guy to get contact, it's not a foul. I really think the NCAA should adopt this as well. But it doesn't change what the rule is now, and this drives me nuts as well.

Nukem2
03-03-2014, 10:27 AM
The foul-on-a-three that Todd had in the first half drove me nuts. Bit on the fake, as soon as Todd went up, the guy (Hilliard?) stepped around and into him to get the easy trip to the line.

The NBA has changed the rule so that if you take a shot in such a manner that you jump into the guy to get contact, it's not a foul. I really think the NCAA should adopt this as well. But it doesn't change what the rule is now, and this drives me nuts as well.
Yep, there has been a lot of contact initiated by 3 point shooters this year. As you suggest, it should be a no call.