PDA

View Full Version : Curie forfeits 24 games including Public League title

IWB
02-28-2014, 11:06 PM
Wow - this is pretty wild.

http://www.highschoolcubenews.com/news_article/show/354622-curie-forfeits-all-24-wins-city-title

IrwinFletcher
03-01-2014, 09:19 AM
And this is on the heals of 3 other schools being disqualified from the State Playoffs for overscheduling. The IHSA then backed off (surprise) and let the teams play but the Coaches are suspended for the rest of the year.

City Basketball is just a mess.

Djgoldnboy
03-01-2014, 09:37 AM
As a Fond Du Lac area born native, who is currently transplanted in a SW suburb of Chicago, everything about this whole state is corrupt, in soooo many areas, the amount that's reported is just mind blowing on the nightly news. Mayors, governors, alderman, city council, teachers, county workers, police,etc, etc......the list never stops growing. Really amazing and sad at the same time.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
03-01-2014, 11:17 AM
As a Fond Du Lac area born native, who is currently transplanted in a SW suburb of Chicago, everything about this whole state is corrupt, in soooo many areas, the amount that's reported is just mind blowing on the nightly news. Mayors, governors, alderman, city council, teachers, county workers, police,etc, etc......the list never stops growing. Really amazing and sad at the same time.

Which is exactly why it's called the windycity :)

ChitownAl
03-01-2014, 12:01 PM
This Sun-Times article pretty much sums it up. The eligibility system with mandatory 2.0 GPA, but you can have a waiver if you do reports is ludricous. Also, I don't say the IL HS assoc is corrupt, but it is another offshoot of the overbloated, dysfunctional bureaucracies that misfunction consistently in IL. What the Sun-Times article doesn't bring up is that the three teams that were barred from the tourney and are now back in (without their coach though?) have caused havoc for opposing tourney HS coaches with two seeding changes since. The opposing HS coaches weren't even notified what was happening, which messed-up their tournament scouting. Oh yeah, I don't follow Girls HS BB but the Homewood-Flossmoor all-star recruiting scandal for the #1 team in the state was also beyond weird and stinky - they are barred from tourney and lost all their wins.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/25906935-419/telander-we-know-who-failed-at-curie.html

Gato78
03-01-2014, 12:14 PM
My brother in law coaches girls at Hillcrest. Told me when the H-F coach was hired about this crazy recruiting and none of the coaches would turn him in. They had 3 girls move in to the same home. One of the parents of players who couldn't make team turned him in.