PDA

View Full Version : Evan Anderson

Nukem2
02-27-2014, 12:17 PM
Evan Anderson has announced that he will graduate this spring and forego his final year of eligibility. Guess he received confirmation that he was going to continue to pull pine splinters out of his posterior if he came back next year. Given that he is unlikely to play anywhere at the "next level", that would seem to be a good decision so he can graduate and move on to the real world.

Saw him play in a couple AAU games and was wondering then what all the recruiting fuss was about. His rankings really make one wonder about recruiting rankings.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Hmm...yeah, my guess is he's getting BOned, just like Ian Markolf, the guy who "lost his desire to play" only to play the next year. Anderson will probably end up playing for some low-major as a grad transfer next year, but I'm pretty sure he was just told his scholarship wasn't going to be there anymore, like it or not.

Goose85
02-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Evan Anderson has announced that he will graduate this spring and forego his final year of eligibility. Guess he received confirmation that he was going to continue to pull pine splinters out of his posterior if he came back next year. Given that he is unlikely to play anywhere at the "next level", that would seem to be a good decision so he can graduate and move on to the real world.

Saw him play in a couple AAU games and was wondering then what all the recruiting fuss was about. His rankings really make one wonder about recruiting rankings.

Skill set was a total mismatch for UW. Bo likes big guys more in the Kaminsky role, not low box back to the basket space eaters like Anderson.
If he wants to give it a year, hopefully he goes to a mid major where that is the type big guy they can utilize. Not saying he will excel, just that he wasn't the right fit for UW.

TheSultan
02-27-2014, 12:23 PM
I saw Eau Claire North play in the state tournament when he was a junior, and thought that his teammate that went to Central Michigan was the much better player.

ziggysfryboy
02-27-2014, 12:25 PM
He's just....tall.

TheSultan
02-27-2014, 12:27 PM
He's just....tall.

Yeah, I don't even think he is mid-major material.

TulsaWarrior
02-27-2014, 12:34 PM
I think a mid major or D2 school would and should offer him a chance at pursuing a master's degree.

Gato78
02-27-2014, 01:17 PM
It just makes sense.

IWB
02-27-2014, 01:31 PM
I think a mid major or D2 school would and should offer him a chance at pursuing a master's degree.

According to his bio, he is majoring in community and environmental sociology with a certificate in criminal justice. With that Winona State and Mankato State would be a perfect fit.

The Reptile
02-27-2014, 02:22 PM
According to his bio, he is majoring in community and environmental sociology with a certificate in criminal justice. With that Winona State and Mankato State would be a perfect fit.

If basketball isn't a future career and he potentially is going to get a graduate degree, I'd recommend that this young man go to a decent B school because there isn't much money in community and environmental sociology. I think that even the D League pays better at about $25k per year. The good thing is he's free of student loans.