PDA

View Full Version : Inside the Al feedback

zklup54
02-27-2014, 09:46 AM
So we've had about 6 shows so far. We would like to know from you guys what you guys think so far and anything you'd like us to do differently or things you would like us to do in the future. What have you guys enjoyed the most? Would a better time and day be better? Your feedback is greatly appreciated because this show is all about you guys and we want to do anything to make it better.

Thanks again for listening and we a looking forward to the next couple of weeks with March Madness coming up.
Next show is scheduled for Wednesday as of now for 7 pm.
Thanks,
Zach

unclejohn
02-27-2014, 11:34 AM
I missed yesterday's show live (caught it later) because I did not know it was on during the day. I understand the need to move it sometimes, but that can get confusing. And I would cap it at an hour and a half, maybe an hour. Two hours is a lot of time to fill. But great stuff.

P.S. If I had called in, I would have said you were wrong. Yes, there were a bunch of calls in a row that went against us when we got within four of Creighton, and if we had taken the lead, the game might have been different. But the way Creighton poured it on, I think the difference would have been that we would have lost by ten instead of fifteen.

But a great show anyway.

MU/Panther
02-27-2014, 11:56 AM
Zach,
Great show! Best part has to be in how you guys take callers. I've called in 2 of the 3 past shows. The guest are solid. Mike Broeker was off the charts!
Hard part is when you call in, I can't tell if you guys can hear me at times since I don't hear anything at times on the other end.

Matt

IWB
02-27-2014, 12:03 PM
Yes - had to move the time because of me. Sorry, I coach grade school hoops. We are in a tourney and had a game last night. We won, so whoo-hoo - I get to miss the first half of the MU-G'Town game.

When we started the show I thought anything more than an hour was too much, but then you have a coach on for 1/2 hour and there isn't much time left. Goal is to get 2-3 guests per show, as well as take callers. When you have a coach (30 mins) and a recruit (15 mins) that leaves zero for callers. What we need is for more people to call in. The database shows us that there are a LOT of people listening, but not many calling in. So, PLEASE CALL IN!

Ok, here is a question for all of you....

We are slated be back on Wednesday night. I don't know if we can do it yet, but with Villanova Sunday and Seton Hall on Tuesday, would it be better to stick with Wednesday or go on Monday, between games?

Let me know your thoughts, and if you are planning your retirement, please call financial adviser and Marquette alumnus Thomas Nolan of Ameriprise Financial in Downers Grove (630) 743-7906. :)

IWB
02-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Zach,
Great show! Best part has to be in how you guys take callers. I've called in 2 of the 3 past shows. The guest are solid. Mike Broeker was off the charts!
Hard part is when you call in, I can't tell if you guys can hear me at times since I don't hear anything at times on the other end.

Matt

The hard part with the callers is that there is a slight delay(3-4 seconds). So for example, if someone calls in and says Chris Otule does a great job in the paint, and I interject that Otule is spending so much time in the paint as he is waiting for his Senior Care benefits to kick in, you don't hear my attempt at humor until you are midway through your next sentence. We have been trying our best to keep that in mind and wait, but it happens.

So when you call in and don't hear anything, just know that there is a slight delay.

TulsaWarrior
02-27-2014, 12:11 PM
I think you gentlemen are doing well. I'd cap the show at an hour -- especially during the off season. Also need to work on transitions between callers and hosts. End your comments with a question to the caller or clear opening for them to jump back in. (less dead air) At the beginning of the show invite callers to respond to a specific issue or two. Listeners will automatically have their own ideas to bring up but your set up will prime the pump. You are providing an outstanding resource for Marquette fans.

Goose85
02-27-2014, 12:40 PM
Monday would be a good day, especially coming off an important weekend for MU and all the bubble teams (I know, we have to win a couple to get there).

Other than the delay issue (I still get your jokes IWB) my comments would be toward the podcast.

Break the podcasts into segments. One segement is the interview, a second segement the discussion. If more than one interview, then maybe go with a third segment. Easier to go back later if you want to just hear an interview you missed, or to listen again.

Great stuff with getting the guests you have had on thus far, that has been huge for MU fans.

IWB
02-27-2014, 01:05 PM
Thanks for all of the feedback guys, we do take it all seriously. We are obviously new at this and your feedback is the only way we can get better.

On the jokes comment from Goose85.... He had one of the best ever. Back in the day when Doddsy had a radio show the "G-Men" were on to review the Packers' draft. Doddsy always had the show scripted out in detail, and didn't deviate from that. I believe Doddsy asked Gato78 about a player I can't remember. As Gato is giving his answer, Goose85 interjects, "He's gonna be the biggest bust on TV since Wheezy Jefferson!"

As we continued the conversation Doddsy was sitting there with the most ultimate stunned/shocked look on his face, as not only did he not see that coming, he was thrown off script.

Ask the G'Men to be on the show - you will get the G'Men.

Goose85
02-27-2014, 01:15 PM
Thanks for all of the feedback guys, we do take it all seriously. We are obviously new at this and your feedback is the only way we can get better.

On the jokes comment from Goose85.... He had one of the best ever. Back in the day when Doddsy had a radio show the "G-Men" were on to review the Packers' draft. Doddsy always had the show scripted out in detail, and didn't deviate from that. I believe Doddsy asked Gato78 about a player I can't remember. As Gato is giving his answer, Goose85 interjects, "He's gonna be the biggest bust on TV since Wheezy Jefferson!"

As we continued the conversation Doddsy was sitting there with the most ultimate stunned/shocked look on his face, as not only did he not see that coming, he was thrown off script.

Ask the G'Men to be on the show - you will get the G'Men.

Jamal Reynolds was the pick. Lucky for me I was right on that one, as it is tough to top Wheezy.

Gato78
02-27-2014, 01:15 PM
Maybe a G'Men show is in order. I think a show Sunday after the Buzz post game show or later Sunday evening to discuss the Villanova game would be better--but we need more notice as to show times etc. You have to figure Ahmed Hill wouldn't have a conflict Sunday evening. No one has anything going on Sunday night--seriously is anyone who would listen to the show going to say: "I think I would rather watch Ellen DeGeneres hosting the Academy Awards"? Of course not!

WindyCityGoldenEagle
02-27-2014, 01:57 PM
Good stuff overall!

Just a thought but if you were to ever run low on Marq guests, you may want to consider big AAU program directors - Irvin Fire, Wolves, Meanstreets, Playground Warriors, Swing.

IWB
02-27-2014, 02:17 PM
Thanks Windy City - Right now in season the immediate topics of discussion are the last and next games so that is why it is nice to have coaches, but once the season ends the focus will switch to recruiting and guests like the ones you suggested will be the focus.