PDA

View Full Version : Ok, well...I just got home from the Bucks game....

IWB
03-27-2012, 11:17 PM
I went to the Bucks game. My daughter's grade school choir sang the national anthem.

While I was at the game with my wife and three kids, Buzz made his decision. Since then, I have apparently been attacked, defended, and actually accused of starting this entire fiasco to build up my site. One person apparently even said that the proof was that when the news came out, I was nowhere to found.

I was at the Bucks game. My daughter's grade school choir sang the national anthem. The Bucks won. They looked great. Monte Ellis? WOW!

I manufactured this?

If anyone wants to know, here is how it started. Jeff Goodman reported that SMU would make a run at Buzz. I asked if there was anything to that, and the response I got was that SMU had been given permission to contact Buzz. Knowing how it generally works, the request comes to the AD, the AD asks the coach if he is interested, the AD gives permission based on the coach's response.

People have been asking me every two minutes for two days, what is he going to do. The more I heard, the more I thought he would leave. People that asked me can verify that I responded that it didn't look good, and that it was 60-40 he leaves.

Was it about money? No, there is no new contract.
Was it about power? No, nothing has changed.
So what was this for? I honestly think this was a job Buzz Williams wanted to seriously consider, did consider, and tonight he made his decision, and that was to stay at Marquette.

I manufactured it to build up my site? Wow.

mufansince72
03-27-2012, 11:22 PM
Yeah, I'm sure the three or four new premium members in the last week was worth the ensuing firestorm! :confused: Where do these people get their logic?

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-28-2012, 07:25 AM
It's all a part of the plot! IWB you are the greatest showman in Milwaukee! Lemme guess you made up Marquette going on a sweet 16 run too... And the players going into that bar! You probably orchestrated 9/11 to didn't you!!! YOUR HORRIBLE!!!

;)

mu_hilltopper
03-28-2012, 07:56 AM

Chalk that up to a hundred monkeys with a hundred years, Jim.

I suppose that adage needs to be updated. It's down to ~200 internet nerds and 48 hours.

IWB
03-28-2012, 08:36 AM
It's down to ~200 internet nerds and 48 hours.

Now that is pretty funny. Reminds me of this one....

kneelb4zerg
03-28-2012, 08:40 AM
I went to the Bucks game. My daughter's grade school choir sang the national anthem.

While I was at the game with my wife and three kids, Buzz made his decision. Since then, I have apparently been attacked, defended, and actually accused of starting this entire fiasco to build up my site. One person apparently even said that the proof was that when the news came out, I was nowhere to found.

I was at the Bucks game. My daughter's grade school choir sang the national anthem. The Bucks won. They looked great. Monte Ellis? WOW!

I manufactured this?

If anyone wants to know, here is how it started. Jeff Goodman reported that SMU would make a run at Buzz. I asked if there was anything to that, and the response I got was that SMU had been given permission to contact Buzz. Knowing how it generally works, the request comes to the AD, the AD asks the coach if he is interested, the AD gives permission based on the coach's response.

People have been asking me every two minutes for two days, what is he going to do. The more I heard, the more I thought he would leave. People that asked me can verify that I responded that it didn't look good, and that it was 60-40 he leaves.

Was it about money? No, there is no new contract.
Was it about power? No, nothing has changed.
So what was this for? I honestly think this was a job Buzz Williams wanted to seriously consider, did consider, and tonight he made his decision, and that was to stay at Marquette.

I'm confused. Are you saying that the new administration had nothing to do with Buzz's consideration of the SMU job?

wiscwarrior
03-28-2012, 08:44 AM
It's all a part of the plot! IWB you are the greatest showman in Milwaukee! Lemme guess you made up Marquette going on a sweet 16 run too... And the players going into that bar! You probably orchestrated 9/11 to didn't you!!! YOUR HORRIBLE!!!

;)

To this point, I guess I am one of the "three or four" new subscribers to the premium board and I did it when IWB "manufactured" the Sweet Sixteen run before the SMU issue.

IWB
03-28-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm confused. Are you saying that the new administration had nothing to do with Buzz's consideration of the SMU job?

No, I am sure that all played a role. It was a perfect storm - new administration, those that hired him were gone, added pressures from the new admin and off court issues and along comes a school from his home state. It was an equation that gave reason for serious consideration. But that doesn't mean it was a power struggle.

ziggysfryboy
03-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Oh mighty iwb, can you tell me te mega millions numbers?

Gato78
03-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Another factor for Buzz had to be that SMU is a religious school so he would not be hancuffed from his approach like he would in the other big time jobs in Texas.

The Reptile
03-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Well, one thing is true - this episode got me to join here. Since Rivals, the Scout site was always a safe haven for rational discussions about MU hoops. Over the last few months, one could not tell the difference between the posts on Scout and on MU Scoop (a place I have always avoided). Well, I'd much prefer small, intimate and well reasoned over emotional and over the top (IWB's irritations aside). So, if anything, there is some truth to the drivel in that accusation/message because I'm here now.