PDA

View Full Version : Big East Tourney Ticket Sales

CaribouJim
02-24-2014, 07:35 PM
Text from an MU buddy of mine who lives in NYC area:

"Bad sign for BE. There are tons of tickets unsold tickets available, probably 3/4's of the upper bowl and above. MSG selling for individual sessions for the first time ever or at least the first time in ages. ACC will be drooling."

I recall MU Alpha Bengora (sp?) a week or so back saying that Creighton has bought 2500 or so and MU only 500. Does anyone know the per team allocation? If it is 1500/team x 10 you've got 15,000 which would seem reasonable with general public making up the difference. You would hope the 5 eastern teams can do that, but then you assume DePaul and Butler will fall far short of that and I wonder where MU is at right now.

Anybody have any more insight? Don't want to collectively fall flat on our faces the first time out.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-24-2014, 07:49 PM
I have a feeling our sales aren't great given how our season has gone.

MU/Panther
02-24-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm sure it doesn't help that the NCAA TOURNAMENT East Regional is coming to MSG for the first time.

MU/Panther
02-24-2014, 08:33 PM
Plus, the good thing about MSG is that the arena is dark, so you can't see empty seats. 10 schools only to sell tickets, when in the past 15 schools. Losing the east coast of Syracuse, UConn and Pitt hurts tickets sales. This really should not be a shock. I'm hoping for 15,000.