MU/Panther
02-24-2014, 03:24 PM
Xavier @ St.John's 6:00pm
Fox Sports 1: Rich Ackerman and Tarik Turner

Seton Hall @ DePaul 8:00pm
Fox Sports 1: Eric Collins, Stephen Bardo

warriorfan4life
02-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Huge win for X, who I now believe just need to win one game down the stretch to get in. On the flip side, real tough loss for a Johnnies team that needed this for their profile.

Nukem2
02-25-2014, 08:17 PM
Huge win for X, who I now believe just need to win one game down the stretch to get in. On the flip side, real tough loss for a Johnnies team that needed this for their profile. especially losing at home.

MUAlphaBangura
02-25-2014, 08:26 PM
Huge win for X, who I now believe just need to win one game down the stretch to get in. On the flip side, real tough loss for a Johnnies team that needed this for their profile.

Ultimately think that is good for Marquette, as, like you said, one more win and X should be in. Though that one win will be tough with their schedule. St. Johns is battling with MU, so that actually helped us more that the Johnnies lost. Odd that we have 4 more conference games left compared to two for St. Johns. They should be well rested by the time they come to Milwaukee for Senior Day.

kneelb4zerg
02-25-2014, 08:28 PM
Ultimately think that is good for Marquette, as, like you said, one more win and X should be in. Though that one win will be tough with their schedule. St. Johns is battling with MU, so that actually helped us more that the Johnnies lost. Odd that we have 4 more conference games left compared to two for St. Johns. They should be well rested by the time they come to Milwaukee for Senior Day.

Agree with this. Cheering against teams closer to us. X is clearly third in pecking order. After that it's up for grabs.

warriorfan4life
02-25-2014, 08:38 PM
Agree with this. Cheering against teams closer to us. X is clearly third in pecking order. After that it's up for grabs.

Yes, I would much rather go up against the profiles of Johnnies and Providence then X or even Georgetown (need to get sweep over Hoyas, and finish 2+ games better in standings). A win over Nova and I would think that we are suddenly fourth Big East team.

MU_Iceman
02-25-2014, 08:48 PM
Actually wanted X to lose this one. Not sure why, but I just have this feeling that finishing 3rd in the BE will hold some weight(I know typically conference standings don't matter). If you assume X is in anyway, and they finish 4th, and MU finishes 3rd... I didn't think SJU had much of a chance to make the tourney anyway. I for one, wasn't a believer in how good they had been playing. At the end of the day, they are still St. John's.