PDA

View Full Version : Big East Tournament bracket (through Feb 23rd)

MUBasketball
02-23-2014, 09:57 PM
No changes since last Sunday:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d15/MUBasketball/BET2-23-14.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/MUBasketball/media/BET2-23-14.jpg.html)

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-23-2014, 10:01 PM
I do not want a Creighton rematch... Yuck

warriorfan4life
02-23-2014, 11:19 PM
I do not want a Creighton rematch... Yuck

Absolutely do not want the Johnnies either though. Of course, if we finish third, we could avoid both Creighton and Johnnies till the finals.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-23-2014, 11:23 PM
And in that case if we were in the finals and finished third we would be in good shape for a bid to the dance ... Ahh dreaming, if only we could make it a reality

warriorfan4life
02-23-2014, 11:38 PM
And in that case if we were in the finals and finished third we would be in good shape for a bid to the dance ... Ahh dreaming, if only we could make it a reality

I like the sounds of that. That almost guarantees that we beat Nova at least once, which solves the biggest hole in our resume (I actually think that we'd be in now with just one win out west among ASU/SDSU/NM).

Edit: Not likely, though I think this bunch is starting to figure out how to win close games.

kneelb4zerg
02-23-2014, 11:44 PM
I like the sounds of that. That almost guarantees that we beat Nova at least once, which solves the biggest hole in our resume (I actually think that we'd be in now with just one win out west among ASU/SDSU/NM).

Edit: Not likely, though I think this bunch is starting to figure out how to win close games.

How frustrating; we probably beat ASU if mayo played; probably beat SDSU if Gardner wasn't sick.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-24-2014, 08:37 AM
How frustrating; we probably beat ASU if mayo played; probably beat SDSU if Gardner wasn't sick.

This is a season of what-ifs. That's why I really want to see this team get in the tourney. They are starting to figure out how to win, they have played in all the hostile atmospheres, and no one will be paying any attention to a little old play-in 13-seed.

TheSultan
02-24-2014, 08:44 AM
I just want to play in the evening so I can watch.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-24-2014, 09:03 AM
I just want to play in the evening so I can watch.

Shouldn't be a problem, since we'll likely be in the play-in game if we do get in. The first game will definitely be early, and don't they usually slot the play-in teams at least a bit later in the day?

MU/Panther
02-24-2014, 09:29 AM
I just want to play in the evening so I can watch. I always take my Championship Week Bracketacation and NCAA Tournyacation! :cool:

IWB
02-24-2014, 12:51 PM
Just curious, what are the tie breakers?

MU is always listed behind Xavier. The two teams split, and MU owns the point differential. When you look at the teams ahead of them, neither MU or Xavier has beaten Creighton or Villanova.

What is the 2nd tie-breaker?

MUBasketball
02-24-2014, 01:49 PM
Just curious, what are the tie breakers?

MU is always listed behind Xavier. The two teams split, and MU owns the point differential. When you look at the teams ahead of them, neither MU or Xavier has beaten Creighton or Villanova.

What is the 2nd tie-breaker?

Here was my logic when deciding the tie-breaker:

vs. #1 Creighton --> MU is 0-2, Xavier is 0-1.
vs. #2 Villanova --> MU is 0-1, Xavier is 0-1.
vs. #4/#5 Providence & St. John's (compared to both since they have identical records) --> MU is 1-1, Xavier is 2-1. Therefore, Xavier wins the tiebreaker.