PDA

View Full Version : Shayok and Blair Win

Goose85
02-21-2014, 10:39 AM
Zagsblog has an article on Blair Academy's win over St. Benedicts.

Interesting comment about Shayok from his coach.

“I mean I think he’s [Shayok] a super-versatile guard who can impact the game in a lot of different ways,” Mantegna said. “You saw today how well he pass. He can make open shots, defend a lot of different positions and plays point guard for us in a pinch when Kevin comes off the floor. I think what Buzz [Williams] likes so much about him is that he can fill a lot of different holes with his versatility.”

Shayok is still growing some think. Would be nice to have a versatile player with guard skills in a 6'7" or 6'8" player.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/marial-shayok-elijah-burns-and-kevin-seymour-help-blair-academy-end-st-benedicts-preps/#more-110646

IrwinFletcher
02-21-2014, 10:41 AM
I have 3 questions about Shayok as I know little about him.

1 - Can he shoot from the perimeter?
2 - Does he have the ability to hit a shot from the outside?
3 - Are his shooting skills at the level where he can score from beyond the 3 Pt line?

If these are too many questions, just pick one and answer it.

Markedman
02-21-2014, 10:51 AM
Nicely done…..;)

I have seen him make 3s but I don’t think I would call it a strength at this point.

Seems to be a good free throw shooter though

I have 3 questions about Shayok as I know little about him.

1 - Can he shoot from the perimeter?
2 - Does he have the ability to hit a shot from the outside?
3 - Are his shooting skills at the level where he can score from beyond the 3 Pt line?

If these are too many questions, just pick one and answer it.

Goose85
02-21-2014, 10:51 AM
I have not seen Shayok play.

I think of the guys coming in next season, Hill will be the real 3 point threat. Cohen may also be a threat to shoot from the three line (along with Duane Wilson who after redshirting will be a frosh next year).

On IWB's radio show interview with Cohen, Cohen said that he is really focusing on his three point shot. Hope his work pays off, especially after watching a team like Creighton with multiple 3 point weapons.