PDA

View Full Version : Georgetown laying an egg at Seton Hall right now

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-20-2014, 09:42 PM
Down 15 with 9 mins left, that will hurt them and the Big East...

Goose85
02-21-2014, 09:25 AM
There is one of the CBS bracketology's last four in falling off the bubble.

MUBasketball
02-21-2014, 11:34 AM
Speaking of that game, did anybody watch it? It was on the CBS Sports Network, and during the game they had Georgetown's tournament resume on the screen.

Under "Bad Losses", they listed: Northeastern, Seton Hall, and...Marquette. Give me a break!

mufan2003
02-21-2014, 05:14 PM
I saw that as well, the analyst doing the game said "Marquette is not really a bad loss." He was a former Villanova coach, so no homerism, good to hear that was his initial reaction. Just win MU!

warriorfan4life
02-21-2014, 06:04 PM
That was not a game Georgetown should have lost (much less convincingly), and they are squandering a golden opportunity they gave themselves after the MSU win and three Big East wins after that. I think they may narrowly edge into the field as of today, but have a brutal remaining schedule with X and Creighton at home and at MU and Nova.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-21-2014, 07:02 PM
That's my fear WF4L, I'm afraid they will crap away their bid and the Big East will only end up with four bids... Right now Creighton, and Nova are locks, I'd say Xavier is pretty darn close to a lock, and Providence, St. John's, and Georgetown are bubble teams... I want 5 bids out of those six teams, hoping we can pull it off and Creighton and Nova can make at least a sweet 16 or elite 8 run so the income stays good

warriorfan4life
02-21-2014, 07:30 PM
That's my fear WF4L, I'm afraid they will crap away their bid and the Big East will only end up with four bids... Right now Creighton, and Nova are locks, I'd say Xavier is pretty darn close to a lock, and Providence, St. John's, and Georgetown are bubble teams... I want 5 bids out of those six teams, hoping we can pull it off and Creighton and Nova can make at least a sweet 16 or elite 8 run so the income stays good

It is looking more like four then five as of now, though this can change. If Marquette can win at Nova (and that is a giant if), I think our resume easily trumps that of Providence and St. John's. Providence's entire resume is wins over Xavier and Creighton. St. John's resume will likely be the same, though X can win at the Garden if they play offense as well as they did in Milwaukee. If we can beat Nova, we have two top conference wins and a much better non-conference win (GW) then either of those teams. Just speaking for the Big East, it would be best for the league if Marquette went whole hog and plays our way into the tourney, or gives Georgetown, PC, and Johnnies needed late season wins. Of course, I expect us to split the difference and earn a 3/4 seed in the NIT.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-22-2014, 12:01 PM
With that said Georgetown is up 16 at half over Xavier now... Could we end up beating each other up and losing bids? Not so sure X is a lock for the tournament

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-22-2014, 12:38 PM
With that said Georgetown is up 16 at half over Xavier now... Could we end up beating each other up and losing bids? Not so sure X is a lock for the tournament

While this could be as much as a 7-bid league, I could easily see it being 3, and 2 isn't impossible. Having 5 potential bubble teams is as much a negative as it is a positive.