PDA

View Full Version : Fr. P, Larry and Buzz

Gato78
03-27-2012, 09:49 PM
We need to stop the criticism of Fr. Pilarz, Larry Willliams and even Buzz. This is our team going forward and we cannot have success as a University if we are sniping or assuming negative motives. I was critical of Larry after some of the things I have heard and read (based on what I heard, he simply botched the Don Walker interview). Yet, many of our criticisms assume he is not one of us because he came from Notre Dame. We also favorably consider Buzz's side of the equation because we know Buzz, we like him and have seen him succeed with our favorite team. We do not know Larry and Fr. Pilarz so many assume the worst. I think we need to understand that Fr. Pilarz is not a Georgetown guy--he is a Marquette guy with ties to Georgetown. Larry Williams is not a Domer--he is a Marquette guy who went to Notre Dame. I had the good fortune of having breakfast with Larry Williams in South Bend the morning of the Marquette-Notre Dame game. I was kidding, kinda, and asked him if he was a little torn at returning to Notre Dame and playing against his alma mater as MU AD. He didn't skip a beat and stated unequivocally he had no second thoughts, he is a Marquette guy. We need to get over this debacle as a fan base and show support for our entire team.

Markedman
03-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Well said Gato. Lets hope that Larry, Buzz and Fr P can all share a laugh over this many years from now.

Hamostradamus
03-27-2012, 10:12 PM
I think there is a strong desire by everyone for Larry and Fr. Pilarz to inspire us, give us confidence and succeed. No question the door is open for them to connect with us, hopefully they take advantage at the banquet. Tell some jokes, hug Buzz, lots of photo ops. REALLY show us they want to start a new chapter.

Dan Silvestri
03-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Agreed. Let's move forward as one team - these guys did their work. Let's support the casue now and march forward to a Final Four and Beyond!

Halo
03-27-2012, 10:41 PM
Possibly the best post I have read in awhile Gato. These guys all need each other and all have the same interest at heart: the best for Marquette. And while they all may have different views on how we get there, I believe that with all having the same goal in mind they can figure it out, together. And it sounds like they are.

MUMac
03-28-2012, 06:35 AM
My issues I would have had with either or both were tied, in large part, to if Buzz was being forced out. Since that is not the case, my fever has subsided. That said, I am glad to hear he "botched" the Walker interview. I am still bothered by the comments about LaCrosse. I think he needs to find a way to retract those.

Good post. I am on board.