PDA

View Full Version : Wragge

Nukem2
02-20-2014, 09:29 AM
My bro and I watched Wragge in the warmups last night and saw Wagge hit 25 3s in a row from various spots before getting one that looked great bounced off by a teammates shot. Every one was bottom of the net, no rims shots. Quite a weapon to go with McDermott. They really space the floor extremely well for the Blue Jays. They are really going to miss these guys next year along with Manigat and Gibbs. Creighton will be a far different team with some nice guards in seniors-to-be Chatman and Brooks along with Ziergat. The rest look to be serviceable guys.

PS, wish Buzz had not put Otule and Davante on Wragge. simply a mismatch especially wit CU's ball screens.

ziggysfryboy
02-20-2014, 09:40 AM
wragge just hit a 3 from the bus as it left the BC. Right through the bat-hole, nothing but net.

dubs98
02-20-2014, 10:41 AM
I am not sure whether to laugh at this or believe this ;)

wragge just hit a 3 from the bus as it left the BC. Right through the bat-hole, nothing but net.

Nukem2
02-20-2014, 11:50 AM
As markedman posted over at JD's site, Jameel McKay probably would have helped MU a lot in covering Wragge...oh well, what might have been...

realchiliwarrior
02-20-2014, 12:23 PM
As markedman posted over at JD's site, Jameel McKay probably would have helped MU a lot in covering Wragge...oh well, what might have been...

What might have been was on display on FS1 following our game, Gabe York.

Nukem2
02-20-2014, 12:31 PM
What might have been was on display on FS1 following our game, Gabe York.Gabe was more in the line of wishful thinking. McKay was actually here. I still maintain losing McKay was/is a big deal.

kneelb4zerg
02-20-2014, 12:41 PM
Gabe was more in the line of wishful thinking. McKay was actually here. I still maintain losing McKay was/is a big deal.

If McKay was here would we have Fischer? I'll take Fischer. But I so agree that losing McKay hurt this year.

DCwarrior
02-20-2014, 12:47 PM
This seemed like the perfect game for Steve Taylor to play lots of minutes at the 5. Neither Chris or Davante was quick or agile enough to play perimiter D against Creighton. I guess Buzz has very little confidence in Steve at this point and/or his injury is still limiting him.

TheSultan
02-20-2014, 01:19 PM
This seemed like the perfect game for Steve Taylor to play lots of minutes at the 5. Neither Chris or Davante was quick or agile enough to play perimiter D against Creighton. I guess Buzz has very little confidence in Steve at this point and/or his injury is still limiting him.

I contemplated a line up of Anderson, Burton, Jamil, Todd and Derrick.

warriorfan4life
02-20-2014, 01:31 PM
I contemplated a line up of Anderson, Burton, Jamil, Todd and Derrick.

I thought that we would play without a post more to better match-up with Wragge. Liked what Juan did out there and thought that we needed him for 20-25 minutes last night.

TheSultan
02-20-2014, 01:42 PM
I thought that we would play without a post more to better match-up with Wragge. Liked what Juan did out there and thought that we needed him for 20-25 minutes last night.

And IMO it is a lot more versatile line up. You can switch a lot of picks if you have to without creating as many mismatches. It's also much quicker.

Since the posts were ineffective offensively, I don't think you would have missed much on that end.

warriorfan4life
02-20-2014, 05:06 PM
Also, if Wragge could play an ounce of defense and had any game off the dribble, he would make an NBA roster with that shot. Novak was not a great athlete or defender, but was light years better then Wragge and made himself a complete enough player to have a long NBA career. Amazing pure shooter, but too limited everywhere else to make it to the highest level of pro basketball.

Gato78
02-20-2014, 05:56 PM
Wragge is the second coming of Pittsnoggle but he doesn't have Pittsnoggle's WT side.

ziggysfryboy
02-20-2014, 08:42 PM
oh, f*ck, Wragge just hit a shot from his dorm room. Jay-sus.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Didn't we recruit him at some point?

Goose85
02-21-2014, 09:23 AM
Impressive how Wragge and McD seem to hit bottom of the net with every shot. The three point shot is very important in the college game, and Creighton has the guys that can shoot it. I really hope these guys get a decent seed, as it would be good to have them advance for the league.

2012Warrior
02-21-2014, 08:50 PM
oh, f*ck, Wragge just hit a shot from his dorm room. Jay-sus.

He scores at will.