PDA

View Full Version : Dick Stockton

WindyCityGoldenEagle
02-18-2014, 07:44 PM
Any idea how long he is contracted with fox? He was unbelievably bad in our game and now I'm trying to watch the nova/prov game and I regularly find myself wanting to mute my tv.

I get that he maybe brings a little "star power" to the announcing team at fox but I'd much rather have a young unknown guy who hasn't lost his marbles and is actually prepared for the game.

CaribouJim
02-18-2014, 08:15 PM
Actually I was thinking he has been better in this game than usual - his voice sounds physically strong and his malaprops and miscues have been relatively few and far between.

Very good game. I guess for the league it is better for 'Nova to win so we can have at least one team in the top 10 or does it really matter at this point it the season?

MU/Panther
02-18-2014, 08:33 PM
I like Dick Stockton. He makes the game fun to watch. I love his calls on great scoring plays.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
02-18-2014, 08:44 PM
I'll give you that his voice is good-it's what made him a star but his inability to identify players is increasing with age. Tonight and especially our game on sat are no exceptions.

What a game though, damn

ValiantSailor
02-18-2014, 09:02 PM
I did appreciate the insights of Gary Williams. He's not particularly polished as an announcer, but I thought his observations were on point as the game progressed.

VS

CaribouJim
02-18-2014, 09:10 PM
I did appreciate the insights of Gary Williams. He's not particularly polished as an announcer, but I thought his observations were on point as the game progressed.

VS

Agreed - he wasn't short on opinions.