PDA

View Full Version : OT: United States of Oshie

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-15-2014, 10:08 AM
Wow. That was awesome. Obviously hope it ends in gold, but just an amazing game and performance. I hope I wasn't the only one here that got up for that.

Nukem2
02-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Glad you represented the board. I was catching zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs..............

warriorfan4life
02-15-2014, 10:18 AM
Weird as a Blackhawks fan cheering so hard for a Blues player, but what a performance.

ValiantSailor
02-15-2014, 10:53 AM
Wow. That was awesome. Obviously hope it ends in gold, but just an amazing game and performance. I hope I wasn't the only one here that got up for that.

What a great game! Worth every z I didn't get.

VS

unclejohn
02-15-2014, 12:16 PM
Well, he was added to the team just for that purpose. He came through. It is tough to say what difference it will make. It gives the U.S. one more point than Russia going into the quarterfinals, but Canada and Sweden are likely to both be seeded ahead. I am not even sure why they have shoot-outs in preliminary round games. This game is not all that significant, as both teams will likely make the quarterfinals. It does mean that the Russians are going to come out with blood in their eyes against the Czechs, which might not be a good thing for two other Blackhawks.

The Olympic tournament is interesting because at least since Salt Lake, countries have been taking it seriously, and the players sure seem to. No more goofing off, losing, then trashing your hotel rooms like the U.S. team did in Nagano. But since guys are playing with unfamiliar teammates much of the time, it comes down to who can get it together the fastest and to individual performances.

Do you believe in mild upsets?

bleedbluegold03
02-15-2014, 12:41 PM
try being an EPL fan, games regularly in the 6 o'clock hour. Does give you a good excuse to spend your morning in a bar tho..

DCwarrior
02-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Well, he was added to the team just for that purpose. He came through. It is tough to say what difference it will make. It gives the U.S. one more point than Russia going into the quarterfinals, but Canada and Sweden are likely to both be seeded ahead. I am not even sure why they have shoot-outs in preliminary round games. This game is not all that significant, as both teams will likely make the quarterfinals. It does mean that the Russians are going to come out with blood in their eyes against the Czechs, which might not be a good thing for two other Blackhawks.

The Olympic tournament is interesting because at least since Salt Lake, countries have been taking it seriously, and the players sure seem to. No more goofing off, losing, then trashing your hotel rooms like the U.S. team did in Nagano. But since guys are playing with unfamiliar teammates much of the time, it comes down to who can get it together the fastest and to individual performances.

Do you believe in mild upsets?

It's all about seeding for the quarters. You don't want to have to play Canada or Sweden in the quarter-finals. I'd much rather play the Chech Republic or Switzerland in the quarters and deal with the big boys in the semis.

02-15-2014, 01:25 PM
This is absolutely brilliant.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/02/again.html

The Reptile
02-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Not quite a miracle, but without question very suspenseful and dramatic.

02-16-2014, 02:07 AM
You can't compare anything this team does to 1980. The Miracle on Ice was just that because of the circumstances and the fact that those were college kids playing the greatest team in the world at the time.

But this is still a great team and very fun to watch. No question this USA team is far more talented and frankly better than 1980, though that is also why nothing they do can equal what happened in Lake Placid.